About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $18 billion and more than 55,000 employees globally. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life science research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support. Thermo Fisher Scientific stock is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TMO.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide financial support for the Managed Services of the Customer Channels Group. Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1) Strong business partnering and ability to work across the matrix
- Establish a strong Business partnership with the Services Management through accurate financial reporting and business analysis. In this role you will not only support, but also challenge the business partners.
- As an individual contributor reporting to the Finance Director Unity Lab Services North America, the candidate has strong communication skills and ability to work in and influence a complex matrix structure
- Become an active and contributing member of the ULS Finance team
- Primary contact to RSD Division for services
- Direct responsibility for daily operations of Managed Services in the US and NAM consolidation of results
2) Provide solid business understanding through analysis
- Development and communication of the Managed Services’ financial and operating goals. This includes the Annual Operating Plan and the Monthly and Quarterly updates.
- Responsible for the monthly closing process, financial statements, variance analysis and presentation of financial results.
- Responsible for the profitability assessment of business proposals, including development of pricing/costing models to support business proformas
- Management of Customer, Regional and Industry profitability trends and analysis
- Responsible for contract compliance on all onsite engagements, specifically for billings, inventory and collections and indirectly on SOW and performance metrics
- Drive cash flow improvement through cooperation with the Shared Service SME’s on inventory reduction/turnover initiatives, timely payment of receivables and Claims/Deductions management
- Responsible for annual standards updates including development of overhead rates built on regional and customer specific cost drivers
- Support strategic domestic and international growth initiatives of both Managed Services and the respective business units.
- Manage the review and approval process for all open Managed Service positions
3) Drive PPI (Practical Process Improvement) throughout the organization
- Proactively identify and communicate areas for operational and financial improvement
- Champion PPI projects to drive process and productivity improvement, develop and implement meaningful financial metrics, partner on implementation and measure results.
- Drive Working Capital improvement
Education and Experience:
- 5-10 years of progressive finance experience supporting a diverse global manufacturer and service provider (previous experience supporting a services organization strongly preferred).
- Bachelors Degree in Finance or Accounting (MBA strongly preferred).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High-energy self-starter with strong drive for results. Demonstrated passion for knowing and meeting customer requirements. Roll-up sleeves approach.
- Progressive/dynamic operationally oriented finance professional with a consultative and trusted business partner philosophy. Proven record of partnering with cross-functional management to drive cost and productivity/efficiency improvements.
- Demonstrated functional knowledge and strong technical capability (financial analysis, accounting / control and business process re-engineering).
- Strong business and strategic acumen.
- Ability to move beyond the numbers to understand the operational and strategic implications of business decisions while maintaining a strong grasp of the details. Continually identifies and pursues opportunities to improve processes (leads and manages systemic change efforts).
- Effective communicator that can influence a matrix organization at varying leadership levels (provides information clearly and concisely). Ability to present compelling, concise evidence to support positions. Strong oral and written communication/presentation skills.
- Capable of developing high levels of credibility and forging solid and positive professional relationships (subordinates, peers, and upper management); strong interpersonal skills.
- SAP/Oracle, Hyperion, Cognos experience preferred and proficiency in MS Office software (Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- 10% international and domestic travel.