At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Our Sales Manager is responsible for managing a team of sales representatives who sell research products and services within a defined territory. The Sales Manager will be responsible for ensuring the team has effective customer relations, develops opportunities for growth within an existing customer base, and assures market penetration and profitability while achieving sales and profit forecasts. The Sales Manager will complete account planning and forecasting, analyze reports on business, and manage performance of the team.
- Manages the strategic direction for the territory by translating the company’s priorities and objectives into the territory sales strategies to meet and exceed assigned targets and expands business within the assigned geographies by reviewing and monitoring the sales performance for the region
- Innovative, considers new ways to find and position opportunities for closing deals, encourages sales reps to use an investigative mindset, explores all alternatives for best resolution, and weighs desired outcomes with potential risk to identify the optimal path for the company
- Develops, maintains and leverages internal and external stakeholder relationships to advance the business, supports enterprise solutions, and partners and leverage other Thermo Fisher groups to support sales opportunities
- Holds staff accountable for documenting and communicating customer strategies and effectively managing the customer relationship and has a strong understanding of customer’s business and key account, based on past, present, and future growth trends and ensures staff have the same
- Creates accountability for studying and analyzing market trends to assess current and potential competitors, reviews and monitors key competitor profiles, and articulates the value of customers doing business with Thermo Fisher Scientific as a total solution partner
- Provides guidance and perspectives to help staff, takes the initiative to set challenging goals for self and others, assist staff to set and achieve short-term milestones, displays a positive outlook and role-model leadership capabilities, and demonstrates tenacity in the face of resistance or setbacks
- Partners with employees to identify development needs that align with individual and organizational goals, coach employees demonstrating appropriate leadership style, and provides feedback that encourages correct behavior
- Establishes a compelling vision, provides honest and clear communication, builds trust and integrity, actively seeks to understand others points of view, and holds self and others accountable for demonstrating our 4i values
- Holds self and other accountable for delivering on goals, sets and meets standards that comply with laws, policies, and organization values, and takes responsibility for performance within area
- Follow best practices for interviewing and selecting sales talent, regular assesses workload of employees, rewards and recognizes positive contributions of employees, uses calibration process to accurately assess talent, and makes tough calls on performance issues in a timely, fair, and consistent manner
- Demonstrates required knowledge of product portfolio, communicates benefits that the entire company brings to the customer, and is resourceful in enlisting resident experts and appropriate SME to support team activities
- Utilizes CRM to manage and measure pipeline activity, consistently uses analytics to identify and take action on sales opportunities, reinforces appropriate use of web-based resources, and uses and directs sales reps to appropriate training tools and resources
- Interprets pricing strategy, uses quote renewals and manages contract terms and agreements to boost revenues, integrates sales strategies into district-wide sales activities, and manages business forecast effectively.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a Science or Business along with 8+ years of relevant, industry-specific experience preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Strong sales management experience and proven leadership abilities
- Excellent business skills
- Advanced selling and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Manages a group of approximately 10-14 Sales Representatives.
- Sales rep training and performance management,
- Regional sales plan development, new product launch planning, supplier management and budgeting
This position is not considered for Relocation Assistance.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, veteran status, age or disability status.