Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $18 billion and approximately 55,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
All of our employees share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement. Our ability to grow year after year is driven by our ability to attract, develop and retain world-class people who will thrive in our environment and share in our desire to improve mankind by enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
If you share in our values and if you're looking for an employer who is strongly committed to developing talent and rewarding achievement, come grow with us at Thermo Fisher Scientific.
As part of the GSS service training team, the individual in this role will play a key part in enabling our field service organization through education and training. The training specialist will be responsible for creating, delivering, and improving training courses and learning mechanisms around servicing and supporting Thermo Fisher Scientific equipment. The service trainer’s list of responsibilities includes but is not limited to;
• delivering in-person service trainings to field service engineers at our Darmstadt training center or other location
• Working with service product development to create and implement learning and training programs to accompany new product launches and updates to existing instrumentation
• develop, maintain, and update continued education programs for field service engineers, including classroom-based learning, elearning, and remote field-based learning.
• participate in escalations and support the field service organization in a direct capacity when necessary
• May require some travel to other Thermo Fisher training centers globally to support global service training needs
• Experience with service and repair of complex analytical equipment
• Bachelors with 2+ years of direct experience within a service or training organization
• Strong communications skills
• Ability to excel in a team environment
• Experience with servicing and supporting of Thermo Fisher equipment, including CE Sequencers, QPCR platforms, and next generation sequencers
• Knowledge around applications utilizing Thermo Fisher Scientific technologies
• Experience with instructing courses in a technical capacity
• Experience with elearning technologies and instructional design methodologies