When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Manufacturing Scientist I will perform mammalian tissue culture related techniques. The output will support the production of antigens for the manufacturing of different product lines of the Antibody Detection Product family such as LAT, FlowPRA and LABScreen. The role is expected to follow all company and department standard operating procedures, PSWIs, safety rules, GMP and GDP.
- Assist with all cell culture aspects using proper aseptic techniques – feeding, thawing, and harvesting
- Conduct Flow Cytometric assays
- Perform cell culture tests
- Inventory laboratory reagents and materials
- Maintain laboratory equipment
- Prepare reagents and culturing media
- QC of harvested cells
- Perform cell isolation
- Notifying immediate supervisor of any unsafe conditions and/or practices and taking appropriate corrective action
- Prepare and present production reports to management regarding daily activities
- Perform data entry in a conscientious manner
- Follow company and department SOPs and work instructions
- Bachelor’s degree in the biological sciences or related field
- Knowledge of cell culture procedures and microbiological principle of contamination
- Ability to perform and follow technical laboratory protocols
- Capability to interact daily with the laboratory staff, including project leaders and general laboratory staff members, in coordinating daily activities
- Capacity to maintain confidentiality of sensitive laboratory and business data
- Strong organizational skills to plan work in a reliable and consistent manner
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with management and staff members
- Basic knowledge and experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experienced with GMP and GDP in a production environment
- Ability to ensure that safe laboratory procedures and protocols are followed at all times especially in the application of universal precautions in handling of all blood and blood byproducts
- Ability to work as a cooperative member of the Antigen Production Group
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- General laboratory and office environment where prolonged standing/walking and sitting positions are sometimes required for conducting experiments, data input, and data analysis.
- Able to sit for long periods of time at a laboratory bench or biological safety cabinet
- Able to lift 35 - 40 lbs.
- Able to enter data and documentation into a computer
This position has not been budgeted for relocation.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.