Job ID :
US - Wisconsin - Madison
- Drive logistics excellence across CMD Business Units, Commercial Organizations and Manufacturing Sites on a worldwide basis.
- Drive CMD freight spend and cost reduction initiatives.
- Partner with Finance to report and manage CMD freight spend and leakage.
- Lead initiatives to address division level themes.
- Work with carriers and key sites to drive carrier performance initiatives.
- Drive strategic direction of logistics processes to ensure seamless customer service between the Factories and Commercial Offices for delivering instruments, spare parts, and consumables. Develop, document, communicate and implement standard global processes including:
- Carrier/Service Level Selection
- Shipment Consolidation Processes
- Freight Bill Pay
- Shipment Monitoring/Hand Off
- Drive continuous process improvements to maximize customer delivery, quality, operational excellence and financial benefits associated with corporate standards and industry best practices.
- Facilitates process reviews to gain buy in and approval of key process changes.
- Develop and communicate metrics to evaluate and support efficiency, profitability and customer satisfaction relative to transportation management and logistics standard work processes.
- Liaise with Thermo Fisher Transportation Group and other Division’s logistics leadership to benchmark and partner to leverage scale of organization to benefit CMD business and customers.
- Dotted line management of factory logistics personnel
- • Bachelor’s Degree in Transportation / Logistics or Business, or an equivalent combination of university education and work experience.
- 8-10 years of experience in transportation / logistics management with demonstrated experience managing logistics activities in a global company, preferably in a capital equipment industry. Experience must include direct supervision of activities involving domestic trucking and international freight forwarding with some warehousing experience.
- Strong ERP systems background.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and utilize data, metrics, and continuous improvement tools to consistently achieve organizational objectives.
- Strong analytical skills combined with practical business acumen.
- Ability to work and communicate with various business functions at all levels.
- Ability to work independently, typically initiating own tasks with input/guidance from manager and/or director.
- Ability to thrive in a matrix and cross-functional team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- • APICs CTL certification.
- Project management skills.
- Experience with SAP.
- Budget management skills.
- Analytical and statistical skills including the ability to develop and report metrics, develop complex models, etc.
- Experience with FTZ bonded and un-bounded warehousing operations.
This position has not been approved to provide relocation assistance