When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $18 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
We are searching for a talented Sr. Technical Sales Specialist who will drive sales activities to close opportunities to meet or exceed revenue goals, profit goals, and market share goals consistently within expense guidelines.
● Demonstrate clear product/technology expertise to confidently serve as the field-based expert in high content imaging products and services.
● Visit all customer levels and functional areas, using solution selling techniques within assigned territory to influence purchasing decisions.
● Demonstrate use of advanced selling skills in the field, such as making good opening statements, connecting with the customer, asking high gain questions, creating the value proposition and closing. Has proven solution and large opportunity selling skills.
● Develop customer proposals including structuring appropriate pricing and contract milestones.
● Prospect for new opportunities to successfully develop leads and sell assigned portfolio of products and services.
● Set-up and coordinate technical product presentations by and / or with internal customers such as Research & Development, Marketing, other Sales Specialists and / or Field Application Scientists either on customer site or locally.
- Communicates effectively, and is the ‘connector’ within the large matrix between customer, field application specialists, commercial sales team, product management, different sales teams, support, service, marketing, executive and other salient groups to develop business.
- Maintain and increase current customer database through company customer relations management software.
- Utilize proven organizational skills to successfully manage territory sales activities.
- Provide comprehensive information on all activities to Direct Manager, Sales Representatives and District Managers in supported territories.
- Participate consistently and play an active positive role on regional calls and other operating mechanisms.
- Provides regularly oral and written communication of successes, failures, best practices, etc to improve the overall operating efficiency of the team, region and sales organization.
- Contact and return calls to research scientists and manage contacts at all accounts for sales presentations, information through telephone, email or personal visits daily.
- Minimum Doctoral Degree in Life Sciences, with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
- Technical skill and experience in imaging / microscopy and image analysis required
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in parallel and balance workload based on priority of assignments.
- Possesses excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Valid Driver’s license is required.
- Ability to lift up to 60 pounds.
- A collaborative, results-oriented individual
- A team player, with a positive attitude
- Experience with High Content Imaging technology is a Plus.