Job ID :
Lithuania - Vilnius
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Management of the transactional purchasing team which handle the daily orders, expediting and internal customer service of all raw materials consumed in media manufacturing.
- Performance management and development of the Purchasing team, including coaching, employee reviews, compensation, KPI management, and driving to results.
- Effectively lead, develop, and enable the Purchasing Organization to achieve strategic objectives.
- Implement inventory control programs including Pay at Consumption, JIT & KANBAN to achieve cash flow objectives without compromising material availability.
- Manage formalized risk mitigation programs to reduce vulnerability of supply chain interruptions.
- Develop effective supplier management relationships focused on availability, quality & cost.
- Drive global projects aligning specifications, business processes across multiple sites.
- Act as a liaison between employees, internal support areas and other departments.
- Present procurement strategies to internal and external customers.
- Understand regulatory & market requirements and their impacts on the supply chain.
- Proficient and effective implementation of change management.
- Maintain a positive results oriented attitude that promotes teamwork with peers, subordinates, commercial, plants & other support areas and suppliers while driving significant change.
- Stay abreast of Best Practices, current / future policies and procedures, regulatory / trade requirements, and market dynamics appropriate to function.
- Optimize utilization of ERP/MRP in an MTO & MTS environment
- Achieve financial goals of the Procurement Organization.
- Lead and/or participate on process improvement teams to drive cost savings and process improvement.
Minimum Qualifications/ Requirements
- BS in business, engineering, supply chain management or technical oriented field required. Master’s degree preferred.
- APICS, CPSM or equivalent certification preferred.
- 3-5 years of program or project management and/or process improvement experience preferred.
- 5-8 years of experience in Purchasing or Sourcing required.
- 5-8 years of people management experience required
- Must demonstrate maturity in dealing with conflict and have superior communication skills including listening, verbal and written.
- Strong ability to envision the optimal global sourcing strategy and critical success factors internally and externally needed to achieve.
- Proven ability to support department mission by maintaining favorable relationships with peers, subordinates, suppliers and customers.
- Flexible, adjust readily to new situations while effectively dealing with ambiguity, stress and uncertainty. Able to leverage knowledge of operations and develop solutions to complex issues.
- Strong customer focus with proven service oriented attitude under all situations.
- Superior negotiation skills and understanding of contracts, supply agreements
- Excellent analytical capability as well as attention to detail.
- Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement.