The Customer Service Team in the Materials & Structural Analysis Division (MSD) of Thermo Fisher Scientific provides customer-facing support to the field engineering team and customers, providing professional service excellence to all internal and external customers in a high-volume customer service call center environment.
- Participates in improvement initiatives and team building activities within customer service and across functional areas of core integration.
- Accurately process high volumes of part orders and service requests, including but not limited to part location and price determination, accurate cost and revenue account reflection, regular follow up with engineers and Thermo Fisher inventory management to ensure the customer's needs are met successfully and promptly.
- Prepares accurate pricing of part orders and returns based on factors such as foreign currency conversion rates, contract type and coverage, special customer discounts, part type category and subjective data from field service engineer as to reason for current part issue.
- Ensures accurate cost and revenue account are associated with parts, labor and expenses on each call, which requires solid understanding of cogs accounts, service types and service areas both internal and external to Thermo Fisher.
- Determines shipping method based on numerous factors including part size and weight, contractual agreements with the customer, severity of system issue, and preferred carrier.
- Acts as customer liaison with Accounts Receivable to determine billing issues and find resolution.
- Maintains records regarding customer returns, deliveries, changes, pricing, and return credit problems.
- Issues quotes for parts sales as requested by customers and field service engineers.
- Maintains professionalism in working relationships with team, customers and others within the company. Role model for newer team members in how to communicate well in all situations.
- Ensure all areas of personal responsibility are handles promptly, accurately, and with outstanding customer service.
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
- Requires outstanding problem solving, follow-through, attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task in an extremely fast paced environment.
- Moderate excel, word, and access database skills.
- Excellent typing, 10-key speed and accuracy rate.
- Ability to maintain professionalism and courtesy under pressure.
- Critical soft skills include self-motivation, the ability to multi-task and remain composed under pressure, professionalism, written and oral communication skills, and strong team and customer orientation.
- Consistently communicates with customers, peers, and other Thermo Fisher employees in a helpful, friendly, and professional manner.
- Typically requires a University degree and 1-2 years of experience in high volume field service call center.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.