Job ID :
Japan - Tokyo
- Acts as the procurement process owner, and defines procurement processes, documents and updates procedures, and performs root cause analysis when failures occur
- Directs and oversees a team of buyers in all aspects of personnel administration and management
- By clearly defining role expectations and job scope, ensures the buyers are effectively and proactively providing procurement support to the cross-function team, such as planning, commercial, customer service, import/export, and service
- Interacts with both the supply base and internal customers to identify, implement, and realize cost reduction and performance improvement opportunities
- Manages the Purchase Order lifecycle to ensure effective and timely Purchase Order (PO) generation, updates, amendments, receipts, payment, claims, and closure/final closure.
- Monitors and maintains key procurement metrics and KPIs to measure factory/supplier performance, leadtime, LIFR, productivity, accuracy, open/closed POs, past due orders, and quality/damage.
- Leads process improvement projects and initiatives to streamline, automate, and simplify procurement processes and tasks
- Supports instrumentation business revenue recognition process, and provides visibility of inbound shipments and coordinates expedition of shipments as required
- Develops and trains the buyers to back up one another and to be prepared to take on added responsibilities and different roles
- Maintains and communicates procurement requirements to the plants and vendors, and also formulates and documents internal procurement policies