When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. Surrounded by collaborative colleagues, you’ll have the support and opportunities that only a global leader can give you. Our respected, growing organization has an exceptional strategy for the near term and beyond. Take your place on our strong team, and help us make significant contributions to the world.
Responsibilities and Authorities
- Review and analyze materials requirements for production and execute the necessary actions such as generating Purchase Order, scheduling and re-scheduling of material based on MRP requirement.
- Manage supplier base to achieve delivery performance and negotiate with supplier to ensure optimum cost competitiveness. To provide guidance to Junior Buyer on day to day Purchasing functions.
- Responsible to generate and maintain Supply Chain Metrics on a monthly basis.
- Analyze Material obsolescence and report excess Material exposure when the Product is discontinued.
- Organize with Purchasing Team to review Vendor Managed Inventory PAC/JIT Contract Strategy and ensure the Contract is renewed or extended in a timely manner.
- Maintain and ensure systems and procedures in Procurement Department are in compliance with SOX, ISO9001, ISO14001, OHSAS18001, ISO13485, ISO14971 QSR21CFR and other regulatory requirements.
- Participate in material review session for non-conforming materials and activate timely return of non-conforming materials to vendor.
- Conduct inventory Audit at Supplier sites where appropriate and report discrepancy and follow up actions with the suppliers.
- Manage and control of Raw Material inventory level to optimize Stock turnover to achieve desired company Inventory turn objective.
- Diploma/BSc in Production Engineering or Business Studies or equivalent.
- Procurement / Planning and Analytical Skills.
- Good interpersonal, communication and presentation skills to manage relationships with Strategic Suppliers and all level of people from peers, colleague and Senior Management.
- Work independently and self-motivated.
- Knowledge of SAP/ E 1 MRP and PC software applications skills.
- Good problem solving and independent decision-making ability.
- Absolute integrity is essential.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.