As Senior Manager for the Center of Excellence (COE) Life Sciences Mass Spectrometry (LSMS) Sales Support Team, you will oversee all pre- and post-sales support activities, helping to drive our LSMS business in the Americas region. In addition to managing day-to-day operations, you will be responsible for reporting on activities, asset and resource planning, as well as providing a liaison point for commercial, business unit and marketing teams.
- Overall management of the CoE LSMS Sales Support team, including all laboratory and field-based staff
- Direct personnel/operations management of the CoE LSMS Demo team
- Monitoring and reporting on all aspects of team activities
- Track commercial performance and work closely with the commercial team on initiatives as required
- Monitor group operating expenses, resources and assets to ensure compliance to established budgets
- Drive programs and initiatives to maximize the quality and timeliness of support activities, while continuously optimizing group productivity and efficiency
- Assist with the planning and execution of employee-focused initiatives to promote career growth and employee retention
- Ensures that all activities are carried out in accordance with Thermo Fisher Scientific policies and applicable laws.
- Represent Thermo Fisher Scientific by clearly and consistently communicating Thermo Fisher Scientific mission, vision, values and objectives to both our employees and end-user customers.
- Perform other relevant duties as required
- Ability to travel a minimum of 50%
- Bachelors degree in relevant life-science subject (chemistry, biology, microbiology, etc.) from an accredited institution, advanced science degree strongly preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of related work experience, including experience in a people management role.
- Ability to set strategic direction and ensure execution towards commercial objectives
- Experience managing remote team members is preferred.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills (English).
- Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement
- Demonstrate Role Model Leader characteristics
- Embody the 4-I values
- Delight customers
- Communicate openly and honestly
- Focus on growth
- Champion employee development