This position is located in Allegan, MI
This position is focused on service delivery excellence for UnityTM Lab Services. Specific activities relative to the job function could include: inventory management, order management, chemical management, glassware washing, material handling, and media preparation. This position will utilize the advanced functionality of systems and applications relevant to the job function, such as: RIMS, chemical management software, procurement applications, and the Microsoft Office suite of programs. Customer interface communication skills are required. It is also expected that this position will have an understanding of performance metrics, and the ability to capture necessary data pertaining to individuals or team activities. Data integrity and attention to detail are paramount.
- Follow well defined procedures as outlined by Best Practices, SOP’s & work instructions. Take direction from Site Supervisor/Manager (and Team Lead) regarding daily duties.
- Independently makes decisions and utilizes available resources to meet customer requirements.
- Analyzes/maintains/reconciles various customer and Thermo Fisher reports to ensure customer and Thermo Fisher requirements are met.
- Demonstrates proficiency at capturing, presenting and explaining job or site specific performance metrics.
- Communicates with supervisor any customer issues or potential problems.
- Promotes personal growth and development by staying abreast of new policies and enhancements without the presence of site trainer and management team.
- Listens to customer concerns, effectively diffuses dissatisfaction, and quickly identifies course of action with a goal of first call resolution within established turnaround times
- Works effectively with a diverse cross-functional team.
- Embraces Practical Process Improvement (PPI) methodologies
- Access & utilize Thermo Fisher Scientifics’ Intranet and SharePoint document management system.
- Positively represent Thermo Fisher Scientific at all times throughout customer locations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job-Specific Duties may include:
- Inventory Management:
- Stockroom / POU management, dispensing of product, and direction / coordination of affiliated stockroom activities.
- Perform on-site program replenishments and disbursements.
- Perform stockroom duties to include receiving, put-away, stock rotation, cycle counts, and other functions according to customer requirements.
- Remove cardboard and trash as needed (detrashing).
- Deliver direct shipment orders to end users.
- Sourcing/Order Management:
- Perform order entry, order expediting, customer service call resolution, return goods authorization, processing of backorders.
- Facilitate vendor and customer interaction, problem resolution, executing 3rd party & agent buys.
- Respirator Fit Testing:
- Receive OSHA Quantitative Fit Testing Certification (29 CFR 1910.134, App. A Protocol)
- Schedule and perform Fit Test as required per the customer.
- Radio Programming and Repair:
- Collect all radios that need to be repaired and ship them to the vendor.
- Properly dispose of all discarded radio batteries.
- Update firmware on all outdated radios.
- Program new radios using vendor provided software.
- Assist the customer with the ordering process
- Receive and distribute all orders once they have arrived.
- Keep records of glasses being picked up.
- Manage all returns.