Job Title: Scientist II- QA/QC
Requisition ID: 53466BR
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals
- Plans and performs quality control testing of reagents and kits utilizing the ION Torrent platform, HPLC, qPCR and mass spec.
- Collects and analyzes data for final disposition using preapproved documentation as well as troubleshoots assays.
- Establishes and manages QC metric, data trending, and drives actions for improvement.
- Performs and documents equipment maintenance.
- Preparing samples
- Instrument start up
- Perform and document equipment maintenance
- Perform peer review of QC data packets
- Initiates problem reporting (deviations, non-conformances, failures, corrective and preventive actions) via TrackWise and performs root cause investigation and analysis for OOS and complaints.
- Ensuring the laboratory is well-stocked and resourced
- Recording and sometimes interpreting results to present to senior colleagues
- Using computers and performing mathematical calculations for the preparation of graphs
- Keeping up to date with technical developments, especially those which can save time and improve reliability
- Following and ensuring strict safety procedures and safety checks
- Perform other activities as directed by QC Supervisors and Senior Manager QA/QC
- 3-5 Years of clinical laboratory experience.
- Working knowledge with Next-Gen sequencing or Master's degree in related discipline.
- Good pipetting technique
- Proficiency in Excel and Jump or Minitab
- Ability to perform independently & as part of a team.
- Ability to work in dynamic, fast paced team environment.
- Excellent communication/interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Experience writing & reviewing technical documentation.
- Experience in working in FDA regulated environment.
- Experience with the following instrumentation (qPCR, HPLC, HPIC, Quantstudio, Liquid Gas Chromatography, Mass Spectroscopy, Gel Imager, etc.)
- Experience in Pharmaceutical, Medical Device, or clinical lab QC environment
- Experience with ISO 13485 and cGMP
- Experience working in a FDA Regulated environment
This position does not have relocation assistance
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.