When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Laboratory Technician for Gas Chromotography and Mass Spectrometry Business Unit will join the Product Management team for the Gas Chromatography product line. This role will be responsible of creating and developing Chromotography and Mass Spectrometry libraries as a part of High Resolution GCMS workflows. Within this activity, the person will work with Product Management and Application Teams to develop, plan and execute all testing needed to generate data required by the workflow. As necessary, the Laboratory Technician will work in concert with Product Evaluation to integrate library releases with software and driver testing.
The Laboratory Technician will be also responsible of all aspects of the laboratory management, including equipment installations and troubleshooting, and managing consumables and chemical inventories associated with GCMS work.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform instrument tests in order to produce reliable and precise data to support GCMS library addition/creation
- Work under laboratory best practices and follow strict methodologies to carry out instrument tests, including sample collection, sample preparation, and analyses
- Maintain, troubleshoot and use standard laboratory equipment; ensure the laboratory is well-stocked and resourced; identify suppliers of standards and keep record of consumables consumption
- Assist with the preparation or revision of standard operating procedures and qualification documentation
- Assist with the preparation of reports and technical notes/application notes in support of development of libraries activities
- Keep up to date with technical developments, especially those relevant to High Resolution GCMS
- Ensure safety procedures and safety checks are applied in the working area
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Biological Sciences or equivalent is required, current enrollment in a Master’s or PhD program favorable
- Prior laboratory experience using Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry instrumentation required, experience with high resolution instruments strongly preferred
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills and feel at ease communicating regularly with technical and business teams across multiple sites
- Exceptional problem solving and troubleshooting skills are required
- Ability to manage deadlines in a fast paced environment and leverage external and internal resources to resolve issues and meet customer needs
- Ability to use MS Office Suite to create application notes and presentations
*20 hours per week with some fluctuation
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.