Work with RnD Engineer to help develop manufacturing optics test ficture for new product introduction (NPI).
• Generate drawings, and test fixture concepts, in both 2D and 3D.
• Resolve design/drawing issues in order to meet the instrument cost reduction requirement for value engineering activities..
•Develop the required documentation during execution of NPI and manufacturing transfer projects for transfer to production (e.g. BOM accuracy, drawing accuracy, generating IQ/OQ/PQ plan and report, etc)
• Ensure corrective actions for mechanical design issues are addressed appropriately and implemented in a timely manner
• Participate in company safety meetings and safety awareness as well as Lean manufacturing meetings
• Bachelor’s degree (BS) in Optics / Mechanical Engineering
• Two or more years of sustaining engineering, design and drafting experiences.
• Solidworks or Pro E experience is a must
• Strong analytical, Optics/mechanical and troubleshooting skills
• Proven experience working with 3D design/drafting
• Good organizational skills, self-starter
• Ability to communicate clearly to both technical and nontechnical audiences
• Work well within a team environment
• Ability to work with little to no supervision