Do you want to accelerate your career by driving business impact that can make a difference? Are you looking for a role where you can use both your strong technical knowledge and your great customer insight? Then this may be the role for you.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is the world leader in serving science, enabling our customers to make the world heathier, cleaner and safer. With annual sales of close to $15 billion, we employ more than 55,000 people and serve over 350,000 customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospital and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as environmental and industrial process control settings.
Serving customers through two premier brands; Thermo Scientific and Fisher Scientific, we help solve analytical challenges from routine testing to complex research and discovery. Together, we offer the most convenient purchasing options to customers and continuously advance our technologies to accelerate the pace of scientific discovery, enhance value for customers and fuel growth for shareholders and employees alike.
We are currently looking for a Sales Manager to lead and support our successful team in the Nordics. The role can be based either in Denmark, Sweden or Finland near a major airport hub. The position requires travel up to 30% of the time, sometimes on short notice.
Reporting to the Commercial General Manager (Nordics) you will provides sales, product management and *product champion* support for the Thermo Fisher Scientific Chromatography products assigned to the commercial teams to ensure order and sales volumes are achieved through active Sales and Prospects Management.
This role is a senior level commercial position chartered to create and implement strategies and tactics to achieve sales and market share objectives. A critical function of the role will be to work with divisional and regional management to communicate the market and customer needs, and to coordinate efforts to drive business through the creation of a commercial plan for the defined category of products.
The Sales Manager is tasked with coordinating the efforts of the Chromatography product line in the Nordic region, acting as the senior representative of the group to local commercial operations and to senior management, establishing goals and objectives, coaching measuring performance, hiring and performing PMD evaluations.
Your responsibilities among others will include:
- Developing the commercial plan for the Thermo Fisher Scientific Chromatography product line, including development and implementation of tactics to accomplish growth targets
- Works closely with Divisional, Local regional and Factory Leadership teams to drive execution of strategy and tactics to achieve business objectives
- Defines promotional tools and sales tactics to drive sales including product pricing, promotional tactics and distribution channels
- Develops a detailed understanding of local customer requirements for the product line(s) and provides input into future product specification and product positioning. Provides a channel for communication of information and plans from the product lines to the relevant Divisional teams
- Segments the market, defines the target market, develops positioning and differentiation strategies and communicates that to the local country sales teams
- Works closely with the Division marketing communications group on collateral materials including brochures, mailers, advisements and trade show to support local sales targets
- Provides technical and commercial support to the sales team and provides answers to question from sales, support and application specialists, customers and potential customers
- Provides feedback, information, market intelligence and recommendations to improve market penetration and orders growth for the product lines
- Provides support, product training and sales presentation training in order to enhance the ability of the commercial teams to make well-informed and compelling sales presentations
We are looking for:
The ideal candidate will have relevant experience in a sales or marketing environment be it capital analytical equipment sales/marketing or a Laboratory consumables environment. Alternatively a candidate with a very strong commercial awareness and good knowledge of Chromatography would be considered.
We believe you have the following experience/qualifications/qualities:
- M.Sc. degree in Science or Business based disciplines or relevant experience
- MBA/other financial degree preferred or strong commercial industry experience
- Broad familiarity of the following industries; Pharmaceutical, CRO, Environmental, Food, Clinical, Toxicology and Chemical Industry Demonstrated ability to operate independently, with initiative, and good business judgement
- Proven sales success and a track record of consistently meeting/exceeding sales targets is desired
- Excellent track record in managing growth businesses in a competitive environment
- Excellent communication, influencing and presentation skills with the ability to communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical audience
- Strong leadership skills with experience in matrix organizations
- Professional proficiency of English verbally and written is a must – while proficiency in one of the Scandinavian languages is an advantage
What we can offer:
- A career in an international company with a global impact
- Access to the brightest minds within your field
- Development through continuous learning and developing skills and abilities
- Cooperation with colleagues and teams across business areas
- Opportunity to make a difference
We look forward to receiving your application, including a cover letter and CV in English.
Application deadline is September 8th 2017
If you have questions about Thermo Fisher Scientific and/or the position - please contact Benneth Bratberg, Commercial General Manager, Nordic (Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry Division) – telephone +45 29725530