The Accounts Payable Employee will report directly to the Accounting Manager Benelux.
The Accounts Payable Employee is responsible for all administrative tasks within the Accounts Payable department for the supported Benelux organizations, such as making sure payments to suppliers and employees occur accurate and timely, taking into account agreed upon terms for suppliers/employees and countries.
Key duties and Responsibilities:
- Independently making journal entries of cost invoices and inventory invoices in the ERP-system. The matrix structure of the company will be maintained continuously.
- Checking, verifying and processing deviations between prices and quantities on the invoice with the purchase order in the system. Taking care of feedback to the various Customer Service staff.
- Preparing payment proposals from the ERP system for payment in accordance with the guidelines of Thermo Fisher and authorization lists.
- Processing independently questions / complaints from suppliers and employees.
- Is able to support various financial Accounts Payable colleagues at daily work and replacements.
- Support various Finance colleagues to cover them during their absence.
- Archiving of the received invoices and expense notes of the department.
- With suppliers in order to make sure supplier invoices are posted in the appropriate period and at the correct value in the ERP system.
- With suppliers when there are differences on invoices between the invoice and the purchase orders
- With Customer Service employees with the intent of passing on pricing and quantity differences between invoices and purchase orders.
- With managers and employees according to the authorisation list (nationally and internationally) with the intent to discuss the accuracy of expenses that deviate from the expense notes policy
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- MBO+ level (working and thinking)
- 1-2 years experience in a similar position
- Experience within a (international) matrix organisation is a plus
- Experience on SAP (ECC 6.0) is a plus
Knowledge, Skills, and abilities necessary to perform essential functions:
- Independent, precise and accurate work
- Strong numerical understanding
- English language: high level in reading, writing and speaking
- Strong team building skills and a proven ability to work with a diverse group of people
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Capability in Excel, Word, Outlook or equivalent
- Able to work with tight deadlines and be able to work under (time) pressure
- Willing to “walk the extra mile” to complete commitments and deliverables