We are seeking a highly motivated individual with a high attention to detail who will be responsible for maintaining and improving our Basingstoke R&D laboratory and providing support to R&D staff. The role will be focused on building and maintaining our extensive R&D culture collection that consists of thousands of microorganisms.
- Sourcing and ordering microorganisms.
- Preparation of culture media. Cultivation and preservation of microorganisms.
- Quality control of microorganism stock cultures.
- Documenting strain metadata electronically and in laboratory notebooks with high attention to detail.
- Maintenance and viability checking of microorganisms for effective long term preservation.
- Performing microbiological tests in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures.
- Troubleshooting strains and providing assistance to R&D scientists across international R&D sites.
- Maintaining laboratory consumables and equipment, including ordering, organizing servicing and validating equipment.
- Responsible for general housekeeping of the laboratory.
- Relevant Microbiology Laboratory experience.
- Requires excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Competence at using Microsoft Office and Excel.
- Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent science qualification.
- Experience and knowledge of microorganism cultivation, preservation and identification.