Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preform installation, repair, maintenance, qualifications and validations of Chromatograph (HPLC and IC).
- Represents the company in a positive, professional manner in all dealings with Thermo Fisher Scientific customers, both external and internal.
- Receives customer service requests for installations, relocations, calibrations, preventive maintenance and basic repairs. Promptly acknowledges receipt and contacts the customer to schedule services required. Ensures that the schedule meets the customer’s needs. Seeks assistance from peers when unable to meet the customer’s expectations. Communicate schedule of services on a daily basis.
- Executes plan to help sell service contracts, parts, accessories, consumables, software, upgrades and training to customer base, while working towards the regional revenue goals defined by management. Manages workload and customer requirements in the territory designated by the regional manager.
- Act as a Thermo Fisher Scientific advocate in all capacities in customer laboratories. Effectively communicate competitive information and additional sales opportunities to Field Sales Engineers.
- Provides feedback to factory personnel for product improvements.
- Reports daily activities in SAP or Customer Support Administration department for accurate record keeping, including closing service calls upon completion.
- Maintains personal Field Service inventory of replacement parts. Returns defective material in a timely manner, and orders replacements in accordance with company policy.
- Maintains company assets (car, tools, inventory, laptop computer, etc.) in good and working condition.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by Regional Service Manager
- 4-Year BS degree in Science or Electronics or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years Field Service experience or 3+ years relevant Industry experience
- Must be able to communicate effectively with a wide variety of people.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills.
- Certified service experience on two or more leading industry Chromatography products.
Demonstrated experience managing service territory, scheduling, and inventory.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Proven ability to diagnose and resolve problems on sophisticated electronic, mechanical and optical instrumentation in a commercial scientific laboratory environment.
- Ability to read, interpret and analyze component layout drawings, assembly drawings, wiring and labeling diagrams.
- Experience in selling process. Proven ability to sell value based service solutions to Thermo Fisher Scientific customer base.
- Basic instructional abilities (customer training).
- Ability to prioritize territorial requirements (service calls, installations, and regional needs) and establish realistic schedules to meet requirements.
- Ability to schedule and work independently, and as part of a group, to accomplish individual and team objectives.
- Customer/business-oriented with ability to independently resolve routine customer satisfaction problems.
- Detailed understanding of service functions.
Essential Functions and Physical Requirements:
- Ability to safely lift 50 Lbs with assistance on occasion
- Ability to safely lift and carry 25-30 Lbs continuously throughout the day
- Ability to bend, squat, stretch, and reach on a daily basis in a service function.
- Ability to travel overnight at a minimum of 60 - 70%.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
- Regular and Reliable Attendance.
- Required to work independently within a customer location.
- Extensive walking/standing may be required for 75-85% of the day.
- May pass through areas where chemical based products may be in use.
- Must possess motor skills appropriate to the task.
- Must be able to safely lift, push and pull 30-40 pounds consistently; may be required to lift 50 lbs with assistance.
- May be able to use material handling equipment such as push carts and pallet jacks.
- Depending on the hazard, appropriate personal protective equipment may be worn. Example: lab coats, coveralls, hood, face shield, respirator, hairnets, steel toed shoes and/or safety gloves.
- Must be able to work hours required to get the job done
- This territory will cover Georgia and Alabama with occasional local and overnight travel required, up to 60 - 70%.
- This position is not approved for relocation assistance.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Support the Quality Management System by:
- Development, maintenance and full adherence to departmental work instructions, standard operating procedures (SOP’s) in fulfillment of the requirements of our Quality Management System and the expectations of our interested parties (internal / external).
- Identify and report quality or compliance concerns to management and the quality function and take immediate actions to remedy.
- Complete all planned or unplanned quality & compliance training requirements within defined deadlines.