When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will do important work, and you will be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you will find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
To complete all warehouse functions as assigned in a safe, efficient and accurate manner assisting in ensuring that all of the day’s work is completed. This would include functions ranging from inventory control, material handling, and order processing.
- Stocking-responsible for efficiently putting away material so it is available as quickly as possible to be shipped to customers.
- Product Labeling- responsible for accurately and skillfully labeling and relabeling materials with a Thermo Fisher label.
- Conduct daily warehouse cleaning/organization in line with the 5S philosophy.
- Other job functions as assigned by the Department Manager or Supervisor or the Operations Manager
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 1 to 3 years warehouse experience preferred.
- Must be able to document records in English and communicate orally and in writing in English.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work with others.
- Must be able to effectively work independently and as a team.
- Experience in a chemical warehouse environment.
- Experience with an I Series (JDE/AS400).
- Must be computer literate and have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- This position will require some heavy lifting (up to 50 lbs., heavier weights with assistance). Must be able to work an 8-12 hour shift in a fast paced environment. Must be able to handle chemicals in a safe manner while donning appropriate personal protective equipment.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.