When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will do important work, and you will be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you will find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
To complete all warehouse functions as assigned in a safe, efficient and accurate manner assisting in ensuring that all of the day’s work is completed. This would include functions ranging from inventory control, material handling, and order processing.
- Material Repackaging- responsible for repackaging products safely as per repackaging specifications.
- Repack Set-up – responsible for evaluating repacks and making adjustments as needed based on reorder points, backorders and available storage space. Supply chemical packagers with bottles, caps and other supplies needed in the repackaging department. Responsible for picking bulk material from location for use in the repack process. Ensure that the repack supplies (bottles, bags, etc.) are stored in appropriate areas, and that non-hazardous repack materials are removed from the department in a timely manner.
- Other job functions as assigned by the Department Manager or Supervisor or the Operations Manager
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 1 to 3 years warehouse experience preferred.
- Must be able to document records in English and communicate orally and in writing in English.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work with others.
- Must be able to effectively work independently and as a team.
- Experience in a chemical warehouse environment.
- Experience with an I Series (JDE/AS400).
- Must be computer literate and have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- This position will require some heavy lifting (up to 50 lbs., heavier weights with assistance). Must be able to work an 8-12 hour shift in a fast paced environment. Must be able to handle chemicals in a safe manner while donning appropriate personal protective equipment.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.