The Customer Service Manager directs and oversees the management and performance of the Customer Service Center (CSC). The responsibilities of CSC employees includes responding to inbound phone calls, emails or web chat from customers with a variety of requests ranging from order placement to preparing quotations. With a clear understanding of the company’s goals and objectives, the Customer Service Manager ensures that the group is properly staffed, trained and structured to attain maximum customer satisfaction and efficiency, while operating within expense guidelines.
- Plans, organizes, directs, controls and evaluates the operations of the Customer Service Centre.
- Uses coaching, goal setting and performance meetings to work towards maximum customer and employee satisfaction. Mentors and develops customer service staff and nurtures an environment where they can excel through encouragement and empowerment.
- Is responsible for establishing, monitoring, communicating performance results and giving timely feedback. Maintains an orderly workflow according to priorities.
- Analyzes metrics (qualitative and quantitative) to identify trends and opportunities for improvement. Leads process improvement initiatives that enhance customer or employee experience, such as improving customer relationships and/or reducing customer effort.
- Investigates and solves escalations to full resolution in order to maintain customer loyalty. Includes responding to the corporate customer feedback program (Customer Allegiance Survey (CAS)). Liaise with other departments to enhance the customer’s experience at all levels within Thermo Fisher Scientific.
- Ensures that Customer Service operates within expense guidelines; takes corrective action as required.
- Keeps informed about current Customer Service technologies and best practices and makes recommendations designed to maximize effectiveness.
- Bachelor’s Degree , preferably in Business or Science or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, to lead, to build a strong team and motivate
- Proven experience in building customer allegiance
- Strong interpersonal skills: confident communicator, good listener, displays tact and diplomacy when dealing with difficult situations
- Advanced problem solving/trouble shooting skills: ability to make informed decisions in order to achieve maximum results; and familiarity with continuous improvement practices such as Lean
- Excellent planning and organizing skills: ability to adjust priorities and manage time wisely in a fast-paced environment
- Working knowledge of customer service software, databases and tools.
- 8+ years of progressively responsible related work experience, including minimum of 5 years management experience, ideally in a Contact Centre/ Customer Service environment,
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Experience in operations management, call center scheduling, customer service training, automated call distribution (ACD) management, voice/data communications, email management and communication methods.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment handling multiple demands
- Excellent knowledge of customer service practice and procedures
- Proven telephone and communication skills
- Knowledge and proficiency in computer operations utilizing Microsoft products
- Must be self motivated, stress and pressure resistant, quick learner
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain constructive working relationships within and outside of the company
- Must lead and develop future leaders and current supervisors.