When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Business Development Manager is responsible for growth of biomarker sales in the North American Region for the CDD Biomarker Business Unit. This role will partner with key customer decision makers, Medical Science Liaison (MSL) team, license partners, channel partners, and business unit leaders to drive account strategy development and execution. This role is responsible for leveraging the business units and commercial team to facilitate and implement programs to maximize Biomarker revenues/determinations and partner at the highest levels with the customer. This is a remote position that can be based anywhere within the West with preference for Colorado and Texas.
- Lead the collaborative development and implementation of Biomarker strategies and business plans to drive growth in target accounts, identifying key areas of short-term and long-term growth.
- Ensure a disciplined process to define, communicate, activate, execute, and performance manage strategic choices and initiatives that will drive achievement of goals.
- Working with license partners and channel partners, conduct market analysis and evaluate new business opportunities to create a winning value proposition.
- Participate as a team member with the license partners, channel partners, marketing team and MSL team, on coordination of initiatives with targeted accounts.
- Build strategic relationships with key customer stakeholders, (e.g., ICU, ED, Laboratory, Pharmacy, Administration, etc.) to advance CDD’s access and opportunities.
- Utilize established internal processes and work with Business Unit planning teams to forecast large wins
- Provide commitments of expected bookings and sales revenue through the monthly MBR process, manage pre-established budget, and own reporting on a timely basis
- Serve as mentor for commercial organization on strategic selling approaches through ongoing coaching and development.
- Provide market insight and input into commercial tools, programs and processes that can be leveraged broadly across the organization, including portfolio and pricing strategies.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or sciences required.
- MBA or advanced degree in business or sciences highly desirable
- Seven or more years of relevant commercial sales/marketing leadership experience working in partnership with senior level stakeholders
- Proven track record of sales and strategic account development success in equipment, consumables, or reagents in in-vitro diagnostics or biotechnology accounts.
- Demonstrated success and strength in developing strong customer relationships, especially at leadership levels, and translating customer business goals and challenges into company-provided solutions and services.
- Proven ability to coordinate activities and influence actions of our commercial and channel representatives to drive strategic initiatives.
- Strong role model sales leader with ability to develop and motivate people across a diverse organization and to manage/lead others
- Demonstrated skills in leadership, strategic selling, negotiating, presentation and financial/business acumen.
- Strong written and oral communication, organizational, and project management skills.
- Energetic, motivated and resourceful.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Willingness and ability to travel overnight (50%)
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Ability to travel without limitation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for group presentations, customer sales presentations, and intercompany written and verbal communications.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.