Requisition ID: 54287BR
Location: Eugene, Oregeon
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The talented Electrical Engineer II will join a cross-functional engineering team designing instrumentation to aid in cutting-edge biological and medical research. You will work with team members and a variety of R&D staff for design of New Product Introduction (NPI) projects with an emphasis on customer wants and needs. In addition, you will participate in brainstorming sessions, research new technology and processes, as well as perform sustaining engineering tasks.
- Design of assigned sub-systems or components by integrating industry best practice, product requirements, and strong technical skills/knowledge. Assigned tasks may also include design enhancements and sustaining engineering tasks.
- Build, test and debug of electrical circuits and systems as needed for the R&D team and product development efforts.
- Creates test, production, and service documentation as required. May also participate in development and documentation of electrical design requirements.
- Electrical troubleshooting for OEM boards as well as in-house designs: data collection, root cause, design recommendation and implementation of changes.
- Understand and apply Electrical Engineering theory and best practice to achieve robust, reliable sub-systems for high complexity bench top instrumentation.
- Contribute as an individual as well as a part of a broader design team including mechanical, software, and bio engineering members.
- BSEE 2+ years’ experience or MSEE
- Experience in product development or similar environment
- Familiarity and experience with circuit design, development and debugging tools, circuit analysis, digital and analog circuitry, FMEA, engineering drawings and documentation.
- Experience designing, building and troubleshooting prototype electronics.
- Demonstrated ability for technical proficiency, creativity, problem solving skills, communication, task management, and timely task completion.
- MS Office tools
- Experience with Altium Designer.
- Biotechnology industry and/or instrumentation development experience
- Experience with root cause analysis and corrective/preventive action procedures.
- Familiar with electronic design and analysis software (Matlab, Mathcad, SPICE, etc)
- Proficient with standard electronics laboratory equipment (digital oscilloscope, digital volt meter, digital acquisition systems, etc)
- Proficiency with analysis and problem solving.
- Can-do, results driven, positive behaviors with an inquisitive nature
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.