Senior Manager, FP&A, North America Clinical Services, BSD
The Senior Manager, FP&A will manage a team and be a strong business partner to the Finance and Commercial leadership by initiating and implementing actions to drive accountability, proactive insight, strong business intelligence, creating awareness to business issues and opportunities and analytics. This candidate will:
- Support achievement of Revenue and EBITA targets through rigorous and transparent financial reporting, business and operational metrics reporting, financial planning and analysis throughout the business to support business review and decision making in a timely and comprehensive manner.
- Own financial reporting, consolidation and analytical support for P&L, headcount, capital, FX and working capital as per required timelines; oversee development of annual budget, analytics and meet forecast requirements in a timely manner.
- Drive focus on profitability and costs; regularly review costs and expenses with respective departmental / functional heads to adhere to budgets / targets.
- Drive focus on productivity through rigorous reviews of initiatives at department / functional level and support initiatives to enable target achievement.
- Provide pricing inputs for inclusion into quoting process
- Analyze client wise trends on service lines’ revenue / profitability / price elasticity to support pricing initiatives as well as increase share of wallet.
- Provide financial modeling and scenario analysis for strategies and initiatives as identified by leadership team.
- Drive and maintain financial reporting with emphasis on corporate standard alignment.
- Create and maintain weekly sales forecast for all service lines of the business. Ensure sales booking / backlog data (S&OP) is reconciled and aligned with global reporting (Oracle CMR).
- Support articulating financial and business impact of operational decisions
- Focus on continuous process improvements and challenging the status quo to streamline processes, identify root cause countermeasures and deliver actionable results.
- Ensure adherence to Divisional / BU Approval Authority Matrix / Corporate accounting policies as required.
- Participate, support or lead special projects – both within finance and cross functional
- Ad-hoc financial reporting as required.
- Share and implement best practices
- Manage a team by working through development and performance plans as well as providing coaching and active feedback.
- An undergraduate degree is required in finance or accounting; an MBA and / or a Certified Public Accountant designation (CPA) are strongly desired. An ideal candidate will possess excellent academic credentials, technical foundation in accounting, as well as broad business and operational finance capabilities.
- The successful candidate will be a well-rounded financial analyst with an operational focus. He/she should have a minimum of five to eight years of progressively responsible business experience.
- The successful candidate will also have good overall business understanding to develop solutions to broad business issues.
- Superior quantitative and analytical capabilities with Advanced Excel and Powerpoint skills; Strong financial systems capabilities specifically with Oracle CMR.
- Must be able to work well under pressure, handling multiple tasks in a complex environment and competing timelines.
- Should have strong written, oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize workload independently and strong commitment to deliver in a fast paced environment with high quality work.
- Experience in managing a team
- The successful candidate is bright, personable, highly ethical and thrives in a collaborative environment.
- Believes in and demands accountability.
- High level of energy and intensity; can bring a passion to excel.
- Strong drive to standardize and streamline processes
- He/she has excellent, open, and proactive communication capabilities, identifying and addressing issues via an open, candid dialog.
- Strong communication skills
- Track record of developing meaningful relationships at all levels within an organization – at both the business unit and divisional level.
- Engaged, field-oriented analyst, who values frequent interactions and dialog with manager, peers and the BU leadership team.
- Able to energize and influence a wide spectrum of people, including senior financial, commercial and operational professionals.
- Assertive, yet collaborative in approach.
- Possess a strong set of personal and business values that coincide with those of the 4I’s (Integrity, Intensity, Innovation & Involvement)
- Ability to thrive and manage in a complex business environment.