As the world’s leader in serving science, Thermo Fisher Scientific is a driving force in the research, healthcare, industrial and applied markets, generating more than USD 17 billion in annual revenue. No other company can match our range of customer touch points – technologically, geographically or commercially. We help our customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe and moving forward with thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives. At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
In Finland we have over 700 employees in Vantaa and Joensuu. Our extensive range of products developed and manufactured in Finland includes pipettes, microplate instruments, magnetic particle processing systems as well as clinical chemistry and industrial chemistry analyzers and laboratory automation solutions. The Vantaa facility houses several different functions such as R&D, marketing, sales, service, logistics, quality as well as instrument and reagent manufacturing and is located close to the Vantaankoski railway station.
Technical Support Specialist
Do you want to be a part of a company known to be a fast paced global leader in serving science? Are you looking for a role that combines advanced technical support and scientific instruments? If so, this might be the perfect role for you.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is currently recruiting a Technical Support Specialist to join the support group based in Vantaa, Finland who is responsible for the Cascadion SM Clinical Analyzer liquid chromatography – tandem mass spectrometry (LC-MSMS) technical 2nd level and factory support.
As Technical Support Specialist you have a change to work with technically challenged instruments in an innovative and international working environment. We offer motivating tasks and this function is well suited for those who enjoy working with technical service support and people. Thermo Fisher Scientific will provide you with an environment of challenging work, growth and development through the course of your career.
- Design, develop service training programs and deliver service trainings for field service engineers
- Advanced technical support to our global field service organizations via phone, email and onsite.
- Technical support case handling and complaint assessment
- Maintain and service the in-house instruments in our Vantaa, Finland site
- Maintain and create technical documentation including service manuals and service bulletins
- Collecting and analyzing service data
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum 2-5 years experience in field service or technical support for analytical or related instruments
- Professional background in Electronics/Mechanics/Engineering or related subjects
- Training and/or mentoring experience is a plus
- Ability and willingness to work in ambiguous situations and high tolerance for changing daily routines
- Strong technical problem solving skills
- Experience in Liquid Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry hardware and software is a plus
- Customer orientation – the position requires frequent contact with customers, distributors and the Thermo Fisher Scientific field service and support representatives.
- Readiness to travel internationally up to 40-60%. The amount of travelling varies and the travelling comes in short notice.
- Demonstrated organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks with different priorities
- Good IT skills
- Excellent skills in written and spoken English, other languages are an advantage eg. Finnish
We are looking for an enthusiastic initiative taker with a positive attitude. You enjoy working with high technology products and driving multiple initiatives at the same time. You want to develop yourself and the way of working. We offer motivating and multi-divisional tasks in an innovative and international working environment.
Should you have any questions, please contact Sr. Manager, Service and Support, Patrik Weckström, +358 40 7372393 on 5.9 - 7.9 between 14:00 – 15:00
Applications together with CV and salary suggestions should be sent no later than 13th of September 2017. The position is filled as soon as a suitable candidate is found.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission - enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.