When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of $17 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
A fantastic permanent opportunity has arisen at Thermo Fisher Scientific for a Senior Consumable Sales Representative to manage the Cambridge Biotech’s territory.
As a Senior Consumable Sales Representative you are responsible for driving growth in our consumable portfolio, protein and molecular biology (Invitrogen & Applied Biosystems). This will also include selected equipment relating to the consumables portfolio to include Real Time PCR Equipment, Fluorescent microscopes and Flow Cytometers.
This role requires an individual with a proven track record in sales and a deep technical understanding combined with the ability to empathise and resolves customer issues.
- Participate in sales training programs as presented by the company to develop appropriate selling skills consistent with the Company philosophy, policies and procedures.
- Call on all organisational levels and functional areas within assigned account which influence purchasing decisions
- Develop, write, and execute a strategic business plan for managing assigned territory annually, updated quarterly
- Develop presentations and customer proposals for such things as supply agreements, supply contracts and preferred vendor agreements with assistance from RM, Marketing and/or Technical Sales Specialist
- Host and assist product shows either at assigned accounts or locally on a routine basis such as semi -annually
- Set up and coordinate technical seminars by internal customers such as Research & Development, Marketing and / or Technical Sales Specialist either on customers site or locally annually or more frequently
- Maintain and increase current customer database through Company customer relations management software (Siebel CRM). Use system completely to fulfill management expectations recording and utilizing customer and sales information
- Communicate key competitive activities, trends, and changing customer development plans and priorities, which includes emerging customers
- Contact and return calls to research scientists at all accounts for sales presentations and provide product information, through telephone, e-mail or personal visits daily to generate sales
- Support marketing programs and programs in other territories as assigned by the District Manager
- BSc in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry (PhD preferred) or the equivalent knowledge and sales experience
- In-depth knowledge of Cell Culture and Molecular Biology is required
- Proven track record in a sales role and/or lab experience
- Knowledge of accounts in territory preferred
- Experience with customer contact, teaching or public speaking
- Experience of IVGN and ABI products
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer applications, including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com