Job Title: Tender Co-Ordinator Administrator (Temporary)
Reports to: Sales Order Processing Manager
Career Band: II
Position Location: Hemel Hempstead
Number of Direct Reports: 0
Day/Shift: 37 hours per week.
Contribute to the smooth running of the SOP Department by supporting the UK Sales Teams in achieving the UK Sales Team’s targets, resulting in increased sales; CAS score and higher level of customer service for Thermo Fisher Scientific CMD/CAD.
This is to be achieved by completion and timely submission of responses to tenders, including any post tender revisions and managing the process of preparing orders for processing where a contract is awarded.
The jobholder is to provide excellent customer service and maintain a high level of customer contact and will embrace and live Thermo 4I values.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:-
1 Tender Co-ordination
- Assist Senior Tender Co-ordinator with implementing and maintaining a “library” which houses all relevant information which may potentially be required e.g.: financial reports, cert of inc, PPQ’s etc.
- Assist with the preparation of orders for processing where Thermo Fisher Scientific is the successful bidder, including checking PO against quote, ensuring T&Cs are agreed, collating all necessary information (3rd party quotes etc.) and passing over to Sales Order Processing desk.
2. Record Keeping
- Assisting with logging of all tenders issued.
- Updating of spreadsheet to ascertain hit rate together with monitoring reasons for
losses – liaison with salesperson required – produce monthly report to discuss with Senior Tender Co-ordinator and Site Leader
3. Sales Call Administration
- Assist with calls of a general nature where the request is for “instrument sales” are passed to relevant person for interrogation and ensuring appropriate action is taken.
- Provide support to the Senior Tender Co-ordinator in relation to Lead Administration
- Ensure that all leads received are entered onto SalesForce.com and spreadsheet.
- Ensure that all leads appearing on SalesForce.com are appropriately actioned (notify sales person and send out literature etc.)
- Assist with Lead Bonus Administration – Submit payments on a quarterly basis.
3. Provide support to the Sales Order Processing Team
- Help with generation of quotes as and when required
- Regular updating of Quote Generation Form, when required.
- Completion of Supplier Questionnaires for customers we conduct business with.
- Assist with logging and updating of Practical Process Improvement outputs for Producing key business metrics and produce concise effective reports on time with the appropriate highlighted material to achieve business improvements.
4. Team Working
- To encourage mutual respect and co-operation within your departmental team and those of other departments.
- To encourage the motivation of the team by giving effective feedback, and developing/maintaining a positive attitude.
- To work effectively with members of other departments to achieve the Company’s goals.
5. Skills and Knowledge
- To continue to acquire and develop the necessary skills and knowledge to ensure continuing personal growth to meet the needs of the job and the success of the business.
- Report to the Senior Tender Co-ordinator on a daily basis to agree deadlines, receive advice and guidance and to provide reports on progress.
- External contacts with customers and potential customers.
- Regular departmental contact with sales team and warehouse for timely and efficient handling and dispatch of tenders