Job ID :
Spain - Remote / Field
- Achieve or exceed sales quota and objectives, while maintaining profitability and ensuring 100% customer satisfaction.
- Promote full portfolio of Protein Biology LSR products and services within assigned territory.
- Sell directly in assigned territories at selected accounts under supervision of the TSS Senior Manager
- Develop and execute strategic account plans also with third party local sales representative, employing multi-level selling to sell top-down and bottom-up, and drive penetration of the assigned product portfolio.
- Maintain contact with existing customers to promote new products, close deals, and grow sales, as well as develop new prospects.
- Support service to customers by developing a strong working relationship with Marketing, Technical Support, Customer Support and Production to ensure that a teamwork environment is established and optimal technical and customer service support is guaranteed.
- Develop a strong working relationship with the Core Account Management & Inside Sales Team to facilitate team selling.
- Organise and conduct technical seminars, whilst demonstrating flexibility to accommodate customer requirements.
- Develop strong working relationships with purchasing agents at key accounts.
- Develop and implement the territory business plans to effectively reach/exceed sales quota.
- Develop and implement pre-call plan and objectives to ensure productive customer interactions.
- Develop a strong working knowledge of assigned products and services as well as applications utilized by our customer base, as well as strong working knowledge of the features and benefits of competitive products.
- Develop a working knowledge of current and potential activities that may affect revenues. These include but are not limited to funding, market dynamics & end-user needs.
- Play an active role within the European Sales team, to share leads, develop opportunities, contribute to team spirit, teamwork, and improve account penetration.
- Attend all required sales meetings and training sessions, consequently implementing new skills gained.
- Submit reports as requested by sales management.
- Perform other objectives as assigned by sales management.
- Establish working relationships with any distributor sales teams that may support the territory. Train/enable/support sales representatives for base business maintenance and grow key accounts in the sales territory.
- Between 70- 80% travel required depending on the territory assigned.
- Evaluate, attend and support local trade shows and conferences.
Position Specific Criteria:
- Minimum of 2 - 4 years direct experience selling advanced Biology technologies.
- Demonstrated proficiency in delivery of business presentations.
- Ability to understand Protein Biology workflows and build high level relationships with key stakeholders .
- 2 years demonstrated technical knowledge of basic Protein Biology techniques and ability to learn technology of the products being represented, ability to give lower level technical presentations
- Effectively utilizes required time and territory management tools, writes and executes a detailed territory plan (including detailed account specifics) and views the territory in perspective with other global sites. Supplies accurate sales forecast information and maintains a robust sales pipeline. Executes with minimal supervision. Understands competitive trends.
- Track record of teamwork and working well with support resources (e.g. marketing, management, FAS, R&D, finance, legal, production) to complete sales and service customers. Uses resources appropriately and provides detailed communications regarding specific customer needs or objectives, roles and responsibilities for customer visits.
- Self motivated, results-oriented, and success driven
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Excellent clear and concise technical presentation skills
- General computer proficiency. Experience with Microsoft Office and knowledge of how to search for information on the internet required.
- Must be flexible and willing to travel between 70- 80% in his / her territory to excecute his / her duties .
- Requires understanding of commonly-used protein biology techniques.
- Solution Selling and Key Account Management skills are essential.
- Outstanding problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication and training skills.
- Clear vision of, and commitment to, providing outstanding customer service.
- Commitment to contributions as a team member in a fast-paced, leading-edge, intense and very dynamic field.
- Must be self-directed and self-motivated to work at a highly technical level.
- Must be fluent in Spanish and English, both verbal and written.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Necessary to Perform Essential Functions:
- Minimum MSc / BSc or equivalent degree in Biochemistry, Genetics, Protein or Cellular Biology.
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
- Willing to travel extensively (70-80%)
- High energy level with ability to take initiative.
- Proven reasoning abilities with a clear capability to present solutions and excersice sound judgement.
- Process oriented with demonstrated attention to details.
- Teamwork oriented with collaborative style.
- Clean driving licence