When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $18 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
- Develop multi-year product strategies and guide fiscal planning for future positioning, growth, and evolution of product platforms. This includes identifying, establishing and managing strategic relationships with customers, suppliers and industry opinion leaders. The Product Manager is ultimately responsible for revenue, margin, customer satisfaction, and market share objectives.
- Perform market research; define market trends, investigate customer needs, define product concept, customer requirement and product requirement.
- Serve as product champion with internal stakeholders, regional teams, and directly with key accounts. An effective performer will maintain close interaction with field organization (e.g., sales and technical support) through training and active participation in the sales process, including customer visits, product value proposition, pricing tactics, and customer support.
- Champion successful product launches through requirements, development, and commercialization. Working closely with cross-functional teams, the Product Manager owns the ultimate customer and financial success of new product introductions.
- Manage the life cycle of the existing product portfolio. Responsibilities include five-year product line strategies, pricing /margin optimization, management across the customer value continuum, and customer intimacy efforts.
- Work collaboratively with other product managers and key functional stakeholders across the organization.
Minimum Qualifications (must have):
- 7+ years of experience in product management, product development, marketing, or business development.
- 2+ Years people leadership
- Master of Science in Life Sciences or a related discipline preferred.
- Domain knowledge of Cell Culture marketplace and regulatory/standards requirements.
- Ability to work autonomously and work on projects of diverse scope and moderate to high complexity. Demonstrated ability to make complex decisions in ambiguous circumstances.
- Proven ability to identify and execute upon strategic opportunities, set aggressive objectives, and drive key business priorities.
- Experience in building a business; advanced expert skills in value capture and creation.
- Experience with financial modeling and data analysis skills. Ability to build and analyze models to forecast and track results.
- Ability to work effectively in a matrix management structure and partner seamlessly within the organization.
- Strong relationship building, project management and planning/prioritization skills.
- Negotiation principles and skills (gaining internal cooperation and working with outside groups to gain cooperation).
- Track record of presenting high-level information to multiple audiences, including scientists, executives and non-scientific personnel.
- Up to 25% travel required both domestic and international
Preferred Qualifications (nice to have):
- MBA desirable.
- In licensing/contract negotiation experience.
- Experience identifying and executing on external/inorganics growth opportunities.
- Experience mentoring others within same functional areas at lower levels.
- Position requires knowledge and experience in cell culture development and commercialization.
- Successful track record of bringing new products to market.
- Communication skills - Must be able to effectively communicate and influence at all levels of the organization including executives, technical and non-technical stakeholders, team members and functional managers
- Business Knowledge - Sound grasp of the key business drivers and considerations in the biotech, pharmaceutical, medical device and /or life science industries
- Experience managing product development projects under design control and in compliance with FDA regulations
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.