Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Reviews all invoices that come into the AP Dept for payment to ensure proper paperwork, signatures, and authorizations, and the coding is correct prior to entry into the accounting system.
· Interacts with off-site project administrators in regard to accounts payable processes and accounting requirements. Handle complex vendor inquiries and accounts payable system processes and changes
· Acts as the backup supervisor of the accounts payable associates when the Controller is out of the office.
· Works with the Purchasing Dept on issues that arise as a result of incorrect submissions.
· Handles all re-class corrections in the accounting system and work with the Accts Payable staff on coding issues for billings.
· Oversees the Inter-company Charges and perform month end reconciliations with other Thermo Fisher divisions.
· Co-ordinates monthly requirements for closing processes within the accounting department.
· Other duties as assigned, based on business needs.
Basic Minimum Qualifications: The qualifications listed below are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to complete each essential duty.
· Requires ability to work well in challenging, fast-paced and deadline-oriented environments individually or as part of a team
· Requires proficient use of 10-key calculator.
· Requires strong Excel skills.
· Requires excellent communication and organizational skills.
· Requires high attention to detail.
· Requires ability to prioritize work.
· Requires a High School Diploma; prefer Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
· Requires 2+ years of relevant work experience in a similar role
· Requires working knowledge of accounting policies, practices, and systems.
Certificates and/ or Licenses:
· 8:00AM to 5:00PM core hours, additional hours as required.
· May be required to work after-hours and weekends.
Work Conditions/Physical Requirements:
· Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
· Must be able to use a computer up to 8 hours per day.