Job Title: European Event Specialist (Marketing and Communications Specialist)
Requisition ID: 53944BR
Location: This role can be based out of any of our European offices
When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of $18billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Our CMD (Chromatography & Mass Spectrometry Division) is looking for its future marketing and Communication Specialist.
This position is responsible for mainly the coordination and in some instances successful planning and execution of the division’s major tradeshows throughout EMEA that contribute to building company image and market visibility as well as generate leads for the division and company. This position partners with Regional Marketing and Country MarCom Event teams to align plans and provide support for efficient execution. Together with the European MarCom Manager, represent CMD interest & needs as part of the company Corporate Tradeshow Leadership team.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Work in partnership with EMEA Marketing Managers and across various Business Units, to manage and execute all aspects of assigned tradeshows and events from strategic planning and execution through post-show follow up
- Collaborate with relevant Product MarCom and Marketing teams on development of graphics and other materials required for tradeshows and events
- Project manage all aspects of shows and events to deliver on time and within budget along with a detailed tactical plan
- Lead and manage pre-show meetings that gather requirements, goals, metrics and messages for all participating business units and other segments as required
- Prepare and deliver post-show results that report on show goals and objectives
- Coordinate show advertising, sponsorships and promotional activities with Business Units across all participating segments in support of lead generation and goals
- Ensure brand standards and Corporate guidelines are maintained across all event materials produced
- Partner with Digital & Social Media team to effectively communicate presence and leverage activities pre-onsite and post
- Manage relationships with outside vendors, evaluating and optimizing vendor performance and costs to meet any event support resource.
- Together with the Country MarCom team, develop and maintain an annual master event plan/budget/schedule for Europe, and track and act upon upcoming deadlines as appropriate with relevant partners. Work with the European Marcom team to incorporate the event schedule into required planning/monitoring tools
- Maintain and manage inventory of aesthetically acceptable and brand compliant instruments/ instrument shells as well as European portable booth programme
- Proactively provide recommendations to the European MarCom team on best practices, policies and other methods to improve event planning and performance
- Develop & maintain effective relationships with Thermo Fisher Corporate Event Management team and event planners in other divisions and brands, as well as external associations, show management, booth and other vendors as appropriate
- Any other duties as required by Marcom Leadership
- University degree or equivalent in event management, marketing and communications
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in tradeshow organization with a thorough understanding and knowledge of all aspects of event management.
- Strong project management, prioritization, decision-making as well as problem solving skills. Ability to work under pressure and to deadline to effectively coordinate event related activities associated with large scale tradeshows in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent attention to detail, multi-tasking,
- Strong interpersonal oral and written as well as presentation skills with the ability to conceptualize, structure, write and present for specific audiences –ability to develop and maintain effective partnership and working relationship in a multicultural environment. Strong customer orientation
- Good knowledge of management accounting practices
- Experience with Electronic Lead Capture and lead fulfillment processes an asset
- Languages: Excellent English language skills (working language). Other languages a strong asset.
- The work is based at the office and occasionally requires traveling on certain events (10-15%).
- Self-motivated with a desire for self-development
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com