Job ID :
Switzerland - Basel
- Provide HR solutions support, process knowledge advice and consultation to assigned client groups.
- Coach functional leadership in assigned client groups on issues including application of HR policies and processes, restructuring, and complex employee issues. May coach employees on people management, career development, personal leadership, and 360 assessments.
- Consult with Business Unit and/or functional leaders in areas such as organizational assessment, succession planning, organizational structure, and work force planning change management in order to strengthen overall organizational capability.
- Ensure alignment of HR processes i.e. Human Resources Review (HRR), Performance Management and Development (PMD), Quarterly Business Reviews (QBR), etc. with strategic and operating goals.
- Conduct Employee/Labor Relations investigations and provide recommendation for resolution.
- Manage the annual performance and salary reviews as well as the variable pay programs. Complete payroll activities to ensure timely and accurate compensation.
- Promote use of iConnect and HR1 Solution Center to solicit HR process/functional advice.
- Collaborate with COE Process Experts to execute and implements large scale HR initiatives (i.e., roll out annual programs, new programs/policies, etc.).
- Conduct exit interviews, analyze data for trends, and make recommendations for change as appropriate.
- Drive recruitment efforts within established division guidelines working with the Recruiting COE. Partner with managers in establishing hiring and compensation strategies.
- Conduct compensation analysis working with COE in regards to local compensation needs or analysis.
- Facilitate new hire orientation and conduct local on-boarding for new hires or transfers.
- Promote positive employee relations utilizing Employer of Choice data.
- Familiar with complex employment issues and regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- May need to travel up to 10% of time.
- Demonstrated success translating business strategies into organizational and HR strategies and actions.
- Comprehensive HR experience, including a complete understanding of and hands-on exposure to the full mix of HR functions in a global environment.
- Experience with Process Improvement approaches (Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, Practical Process Improvement, etc.)
- Experience working across a complex organizational matrix. Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- A track record of positive results and an ability to show how his/her programs and policies have contributed to the growth and bottom line profitability of an organization while enhancing or driving cultural change.
- He/she should be someone who is sought out for their opinion and advice and who can forge and maintain close relationships across all constituencies.
- Self motivated; bias for action.
- Effective negotiating and influencing skills.
- Ability to provide concise, articulate and insightful analysis in written and verbal form, as well as translate into effective presentations. Strong analytical skills with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills in both French and English.
- Ability to understand real-world business issues /opportunities and determine appropriate data, metrics, and methods of analysis to use to gain required insights.
- Ability to provide concise, articulate and insightful analysis in written and verbal form, as well as translate into effective presentations.
- Ability to work within a diverse, cross-functional team across multiple sites.
- Understanding of process redesign for complex, global organizations. Understanding of HR operations and the evolving HR technology landscape.
- Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or business related field required. Master’s degree strongly preferred.
- 5+ years of experience as a senior Human Resources generalist/manager with a large, multi-national company.
- Experience supporting manufacturing operations (or substantial non-exempt population) strongly preferred.
- Global experience is highly desirable.
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.