As the world’s leader in serving science, Thermo Fisher Scientific is a driving force in the research, healthcare, industrial and applied markets, generating more than $18B in annual revenue. No other company can match our range of customer touch points – technologically, geographically or commercially. We help our customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe and moving forward with thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives.
The Specialty Diagnostics Group (SDG) serves customers in healthcare, clinical, pharmaceutical, industrial, and food safety laboratories. SDG consists of a dedicated team of 6,900 talents determined to improve diagnostic methods in order to improve patient care and accuracy of diagnoses. The group offers a wide range of diagnostic test kits, reagents, culture media, instruments and associated products. Together, we are moving medicine forward by bringing advanced diagnostic tools that improve the quality, reliability and speed of diagnostics.
Job Description Summary:
The Production Operator I is responsible for filling, sealing, labeling, inspecting and packaging of final container products with manual and/or automated packaging systems.
- Operates Production Floor equipment in order to fill, seal and label components that are included in the finished product for the customer.
- Uses and follows Production Floor SOPs.
- Participates in final kit assembly.
- Completes Production Floor paperwork, including SOPs and data entry into batch records.
- Responsible for following ISO/cGMP Quality System Regulations with focus on SOP completion accuracy, product quality, and housekeeping activities.
- Must have a good knowledge of Production Floor work instructions.
- Communicates task completions and issues to Manufacturing Services Technicians, Leads and Supervisors.
- Execute tasks as requested by Supervisor.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to various temperature conditions and the company provides the necessary PPE assigned to that task.
- The employee will be required to work near or around moving mechanical parts. PPE assessments, SOP and JSA serve to guide in providing the necessary safety protection guidelines for employees that may exposed to hazardous chemicals.
- The noise levels in the work environment do not exceed the OSHA permissible limits however ear protection is available upon request.
- Ability to work in room temperature to – 20 ºC.
- High School diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution.
This position is not eligible for relocation benefits.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.