The IT Team Leader/Manager position combines responsibilities for people leadership with enablement of IT solutions as a business analyst, into a single role. This hands-on Manager position is responsible for providing leadership to a small group of business analysts and also as a Lead Business Analyst liaising between IT and senior business leadership at a medium-large manufacturing and distribution facility. This position requires a unique set of qualifications that combines thought leadership with in-depth functional domain knowledge of manufacturing operations along with order management, coupled with a passion and aptitude for technology driving business solutions. He or she requires a thorough understanding of discreet manufacturing and distribution business processes and practices, and ERP systems. As a leader within IT this role will partner with business to understand and anticipate need while influencing and driving business improvement and systems adoption. This position plays a key role in continuous improvement and advancing business performance following a best-practice based approach.
Key Position Responsibilities:
· Primary liaison between business and IT.
• Advisor to the business on IT and business-practice related matters.
• Manage and mentor a small team of business analysts in their daily work and professional development.
• Lead IT steering committee meetings with key business leadership to manage, prioritize and execute on an IT project portfolio.
• Analyze and document business requirements in cooperation with business leadership, process owners and key users.
• Analyze, model and document current-state and future-state business processes using process modeling tools and follow a consistent modeling methodology.
• Design and implement process improvements and system enhancements that conform to industry and application best-practices.
• Prepare IT investment proposals and demonstrate the value of IT investments in financial and strategic terms to business and IT leadership.
• Maximize the utilization of existing business applications and technologies to meet business requirements and to improve the leverage of IT assets.
• Act as project manager on IT intensive business improvement projects.
• Establish good working relationships with peers in other divisions and explore joint system and process improvement opportunities.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business, operations management or engineering (equivalent work experience acceptable).
• 8+ years of progressive experience implementing and/or supporting business (ERP) systems in distribution or discrete manufacturing environments.
• Excellent knowledge of business processes and best practices in manufacturing and distribution operations.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written).
• Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group including directors, managers, subject matter experts and end-users.
• Motivated to drive projects to successful completion, whether leading an initiative, supporting a team, or working independently.
• Focused on results by emphasizing delivery of measurable business benefits.
• Strong analytical skills, including excellent proficiency in discovering business needs and understanding complex process, systems or data issues.
Desirable Qualifications and Experience:
• SAP ERP (ECC: MM/PP, SD, QM, VC, EWM) and Baan
• Business process modeling and analysis.
• Proven experience with enabling the gathering of data from multiple sources to support advanced analytics using data warehousing and applications to enable data driven decisions (ex. Cognos, Business Objects)
• Complex discrete make-to-order manufacturing environment.
• Product configuration technology (like SAP VC, BigMachines)
• Data analysis using SQL Queries
• Certifications: SAP, APICS, CBAP, PMP, ITIL, etc.