Thermo Fisher Scientific is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $18 billion and more than 55,000 employees globally. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life science research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support. Thermo Fisher Scientific stock is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TMO.
- Product Standardization Support:
- Work closely with the commercial and portfolio management team to create standardization models with a goal of providing customer savings and/or profit improvement opportunities.
- Prepare customer facing reporting that can be utilized during scheduled business reviews or proactively to illustrate potential savings or vendor consolidation opportunities.
- Assist the sales team with ad hoc standardization initiatives and sales improvement projects.
- Assist with profit improvement initiatives for the division.
- Assist the commercial finance teams as needed.
- Perform other duties and project support as assigned
- Candidate will have experience in the areas of financial reporting, internal control, forecasting, analysis, and accounting knowledge through professional and/or educational background.
- The ideal candidate will exhibit initiative and the Thermo Fisher Scientific. 4-I values of Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, and Involvement.
- The ability to make logical assumptions, identify trends, and analyze and communicate variances to management.
- The ability to develop well defined analysis and presentations.
- History of participating on teams as well as the ability to build organizational relationships with peers.
- It is required that the candidate has the ability to manage multiple assignments, has good judgment and prioritizes projects and time effectively.
- Support process improvement actions and teams.
- The ideal candidate will have a commitment to continuous learning, demonstrate a desire to advance and seek opportunities to stretch capabilities.
- Skills with HFM, Excel, MS Access, and MS PowerPoint are required; additional skills with Data Warehouse, Oracle, COGNOS, SQL, and Hyperion are a plus.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business or other relevant background
- Strong written communication skills, along with clear and concise verbal skills
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience.
- Excellent skills with MS Excel