About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $18 billion and more than 55,000 employees globally. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life science research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support. Thermo Fisher Scientific stock is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TMO.
- Serve as one of the dedicated HR Business Intelligence Partners to support the operational and strategic business objectives of LSG’s divisions and functions - Biosciences Division, BioProduction Division, Genetic Sciences Division, Clinical and Next Generation Sequencing Division, Laboratory Products Division, Laboratory Chemicals Division, LSG Operations, LSG Commercial, and LSG Functions.
- Establish and maintain trusted relationships with business leaders, HR business partners, and other departments (such as Finance and IT) to gain alignment on metrics and processes across LSG.
- Increase the analytical capability of LSG HR business partners through guidance, consultation, and training as the expert on the selection of appropriate tools, the identification of drivers, trends, and proactive opportunities from the data, and the presentation of insights as a visually compelling story.
- Partner with the Corporate People Analytics Team to pilot programs and lead change management in LSG, including the launch of a companywide dashboard to be used in quarterly and monthly business reviews that influence timely workforce decisions by executive leadership.
- Represent LSG business needs on the companywide analytics advisory board, helping to establish global standards on the management and governance of data and key workforce metrics.
- Manage data change, testing, and auditing processes for HR security access and mass reorganizations.
- Collaborate with HR business partners and cross-functional teams to optimize systems and processes, and to develop innovative data-driven solutions that address business needs.
- Identify opportunities and lead efforts to improve data integrity and employee, manager, and HR adoption of self-service reporting and analytical tools.
- Design and deliver recurring scorecards and dashboards on business performance and the effectiveness and impact of HR investments, supplementing presentations with insights and recommendations for improvement.
- Fulfill ad hoc data and analytical requests related to compliance, projects, and HR programs using large, complex sets of structured and unstructured data, bringing together talent data with cross-functional and external data sources.
- Maintain strict confidentiality to protect employee data privacy.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
- 5 years of relevant work experience – experience with HR data and analytics strongly preferred.
- Experience with HR systems – Workday, Kenexa preferred.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel.
- Must have a strong command in both soft skills (communicating, presenting, delivering high-quality customer service, and maintaining trust in professional relationships) and hard skills (advanced technical abilities in data transformation and Excel formulas).
- Must be a strong practitioner, trainer, mentor, and consultant who enjoys learning from others as well as continuous self-driven learning new technologies, tools, and techniques, and sharing expertise with others.
- Must be a curious, creative problem solver with strong project management skills and the ability to stay organized to deliver on multiple competing priorities while always seeking the most effective, efficient, and scalable way to accomplish results.
- Must have experience with change management and navigation within a large, global, highly matrixed, and rapidly evolving organization.
- Must be effective in virtual collaboration.
- Must be effective in presenting to senior and executive leaders.
- Experience with data visualization and analysis tools – Power BI preferred.
- Experience with statistical analysis and natural language processing software preferred.