- To receive and unpack goods in a timely, safe and efficient manner and book in all goods accurately via JD Edwards computer system. Perform a range of JDE transactions relevant to specific role.
- Locating bulk/pre-packs to relevant hazard warehouses in accordance with CEM (Chemical Exposure Management) regulations.
- To accurately pick stock for repack orders from any of the onsite warehouses and return any bulk returns from repack to the correct store location.
- To accurately cycle count locations as per work instructions.
- Able to investigate and resolve Not On Location (NOL) missing items.
- To accurately Pick UK and Export Shipments from the relevant warehouses using the Pick Lists provided. Reporting any items that do not appear acceptable.
- To follow all Packing and Labeling Instructions to the letter so as to comply with Transport Regulations.
- To participate in the collation of Export Shipments and ensure Shipments are loaded correctly and all paperwork is completed in.
- To have a good understanding of Third Party Systems, such as Courier services, MSDS.
- Handling of fine chemicals either in bulk quantities or prepacks in accordance with CEM (Chemical Exposure Management) regulations. Ability to follow simple instructions without deviation.
- To maintain good stock levels of all consumables required in your working area and understand the procedure for its requisitions
- To operate any equipment for which you have completed the relevant training, and to ensure that all defective equipment and other relevant issues are reported to an Operations Team Leader or Manager in a timely manner.
- To maintain up to date records and paperwork necessary to the role.
- To ensure full compliance with site Security policies.
- To comply and conform with the environmental and quality policy, procedures and with the requirements of the EMS and QMS and act appropriately with regard to issues affecting impacts on the environment and conforming to product requirements. Assist in achieving environmental and quality objectives and targets.
- To operate any equipment and conduct your day to duties according to current procedures and appropriate Health and Safety precautions.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement and Lean Manufacturing activities on site.
- To carry out any other duties within the employees skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
- Role is based on a 2 week shift. 6.00 – 14.00; 13.45-21.45 alternate weeks Monday to Thursday and the Friday late shift working 11.45-19.45.
- Employee will be required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for the role in line with Company Policy.
- There is an aspect of Manual Handling involved in this role.
- Overtime could be required on an infrequent basis.
Good general education
A Science qualification related to Chemistry
Fork Lift Truck license
Knowledge of JD Edwards Computer system
Basic PC Skills
Previous experience in a chemical production/handling area
- Attention to detail and accuracy are vital.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skill with the ability to work effectively alone or as part of a team
- Must be able to use data and observations to make simple quality and quantity assessments.