Job Title: Packaging / Labeling Supervisor
Requisition #: 54149BR
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Packaging/Labeling Supervisor is responsible for supervising the day to day work within a small -sized work group, with support and input from the Operations Manager. Reviews schedules and orders to ensure work flows smoothly and orders are fulfilled same day. Provides structure to work procedures and people assignments with consideration for time and budget constraints. Supervises and coordinates production output, schedules and key performance metrics. Accountable for quality, safety, productivity, and personnel.
Primary responsibilities include ensuring that work orders are fulfilled according to the local operations goals, troubleshooting routine problems in the department, keeping abreast of appropriate rules and regulations regarding the handling of chemicals, and maintaining proper records. Helps employees achieve key performance metrics and production goals, using established guidelines, policies, and procedures. Supports a culture of accountability and performance excellence.
- Keeps Operations Manager well-informed of morale in the work group. Documents details and offers solutions.
- Edits and maintains electronic timekeeping.
- Prepares and allocates daily work orders to ensure accuracy.
- Ensures that work orders are fulfilled according to company rules and regulations.
- Collaborates with other Thermo Fisher groups to ensure customer order needs are met.
- Responds to inquiries regarding operational details (costs, methods, etc.)
- Maintains sufficient stock of necessary supplies and notifies Repackaging Manager when supplies need to be ordered.
- Leads by example to ensure that all operational guidelines and specifications are met consistently. Supports and encourages a culture of performance excellence and accountability.
- Reviews work orders to assess priorities and assign to individuals.
- Assigns priority, backorder and other work to be completed.
- Troubleshoots problems in department. Responsible for resolving any discrepancies in orders, materials and repackaging process.
- Verifies orders to be processed; match appropriate materials to work orders.
- Promotes a safe work environment and ensures appropriate training and awareness.
- Ensures EH&S policies and procedures are followed and holds others accountable for a safe work environment.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Operations Manager.
Environmental, Health & Safety Responsibilities:
- Follows all job required SOPs to ensure processes are being followed accurately and with quality as a focus.
- Ensure timely follow up to all customer complaints, internal and external.
- Complete all functions ensuring the best quality is delivered to our customers.
- Lead a Quality Circle to help improve quality and efficiency in the department.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- 5-7 years’ experience working in a warehouse environment.
- Prior experience with automated timeclock system.
- Minimum High School Degree or equivalent.
- Proven attention to detail.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Must be computer literate and working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs and automated timekeeping system.
- Effective analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to learn new computer programs.
- Ability to encourage others in the achievement of business goals
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- This position may require some heavy lifting (up to 50 lbs., heavier weights with assistance). Must be able to work an 8 - 12 hour shift while standing with periodic walking. Must be able to handle chemicals in a safe manner while donning appropriate personal protective equipment.