Director, eBusiness Analytics
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
You will be reporting to the Head of Thermo Fisher eBusiness, and will serve as the central lead for analytics strategy, forecasting and actionable insights related to the web. You will lead a highly technical and motivated team of data scientists and business intelligence analysts committed to providing analysis and business insights to business leaders such that they are able to understand business performance, and use predictive analytics to deliver superior performance in the future.
• Define and execute a strategy for central analytics across the two websites. Proactively drive insights to meaningfully impact business strategy, execution and/or decision-making. Drive actionable insights and be a key influencer to shape/refine business direction for the web.
• Manage a team of skilled, data scientists and business analysts to equip the enterprise with actionable data, dashboards and insights.
• Define the story of web performance through metrics and ongoing dashboard insights, including revenue tracking and reporting. Manage large forums to orient the business on these metrics.
• Partner with senior leadership on strategic initiatives that require analysis and refined business acumen to help evolve the overall business model; educate internal departments (sales, product management, IT, service, etc.) to support company-wide understanding and accessibility to insights derived from reports and data.
• Project manage and/or support initiatives, including influencing and aligning stakeholders across the leadership teams and run specific one-off and recurring operational and business planning processes for the organization.
• Provide ongoing performance monitoring, dashboards and business intelligence to drive the eBusiness channels
• Manage the analytics infrastructure and systems as needed.
• Maintain rigid standards in terms of accuracy and data quality; ensure innovation and leading practices in utilizing data sources and models.
• BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
• 12+ years of experience with management of analytical teams, with 5+ years of strategy consulting experience or project management experience in a technology firm preferred.
• Experience in sales and/or marketing within media, advertising, e-commerce, or search, structuring and implementing operational initiatives with sales teams.
• Experience analyzing data with strong statistical, quantitative modeling, and forecasting skills.
• Operational experience in measuring and improving productivity, utilization, and scale initiatives etc.
• Distinctive problem solving and analytic skills with a high degree of analytical rigor.
• Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills, as well as written and oral communication skills.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.