Job ID :
- Perform instrument repairs on equipment containing refrigeration components.
- Act as a Thermo Fisher Scientific advocate in all capacities in customer laboratories.
- Effectively communicate with customer as well as other Service Engineers.
- Represents Unity Lab Services in a positive, professional manner in all dealings with Thermo Fisher Scientific customers, both external and internal.
- Responds to customer service requests through customer service scheduling software.
- Promptly acknowledges receipt, and contacts the end-user to schedule services. Ensures that the schedule meets the customer’s needs and entitlement.
- Communicate schedule of services to Customer Administration and Supervisor on a daily basis.
- Prioritize and multi-task the workload & customer requirements onsite as designated by the manager or lead.
- Seeks assistance from peers when unable to quickly meet the customer’s expectations.
- Close out service activities utilizing administration tools for accurate record keeping, including documenting service calls daily upon completion.
- Maintains personal Service inventory of replacement parts. Returns defective material in a timely manner, and orders replacements in accordance with company policy.
- Maintains company assets (tools, inventory, laptop computer, etc.) in good and working condition.
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Proven ability to diagnose and resolve problems on sophisticated electro-mechanical instrumentation in a commercial scientific laboratory environment.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in working with people: customer skills, service administrative and business functions.
- Must demonstrate competency for installations, relocations, calibrations/qualifications, preventive maintenance and troubleshooting/repair, technical support
- Ability to read, interpret and analyze component layout drawings, assembly drawings, wiring and labeling diagrams.
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to prioritize the demands of the job (repair calls, preventative maintenance, installations) and establish realistic schedules to meet requirements.
- Ability to work independently, and as part of a group, to accomplish individual and team objectives.
- Independently resolve routine customer satisfaction problems.
- Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- State certification to Work on a wide range of products containing refrigeration components
- 2+ years Service Engineer experience
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, and be able to communicate effectively with a wide variety of people.
- High school diploma/equivalent required.