When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work that supports a powerful mission. With revenues of $18 billion and a track record of stability and consistent growth, we’re uniquely able to give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The Sr. Manager, Alliance Management will help drive the development of our companion diagnostic including feasibility and Clinical Trial Assay programs in conjunction with our pharma/biotech partners. The Sr. Manager, Alliance Management will help to guide and manage our R&D programs in alliance with our pharma partners and will work closely with external vendors and partners, as well as internal R&D, quality, regulatory, and business development teams, to support our global regulatory submission efforts within the mutually-agreed to timeline.
- Responsible for acting as Thermo Fisher Scientific liaison representing Thermo Fisher Scientific to pharma partners and vice-versa while covering all aspects of CDx program alliance management from Concept, to Product Launch and completing with Project Closure according to the partnership agreement including all SOWs, licensing and contractual obligations, milestone activities, payments and invoicing oversight.
- Act as project champion and project “general manager”; manage team to execute all project deliverables; lead alliance within cross-functional core team across product marketing/user experience, R&D, quality, supply chain/manufacturing and finance, to establish and deliver optimal development and pre-launch commercialization plan.
- Work closely with Program Management to ensure internal and external milestones, deliverables and obligations
- Accountable for execution on project timelines with a focus on milestone payment invoicing (working closely with Finance and Program Management).
- Lead management and selection of CRO and outsourcing relationships, ensure financial, timeline and deliverable management. Track actual versus plan and resolve issues as they arise.
- Review team progress against requirements and plans; resolve deviations.
- Assist Core Team Members in resolving extended team and functional issues.
- Gain key stakeholders' support and organizational resources. Take ownership of key partner-related issues and work with the appropriate internal teams to resolve them
- Ph.D., or Masters’ degree
- MBA preferred (with negotiation skills training)
- IVD experience required
- Pharma negotiations/pharma development experience preferred
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project)
- Oncology/genomic background is preferred
- 7 or more years of combined product development, or commercial strategic sales or project management experience with an emphasis in life sciences/pharma space required
- Ability to manage expectations of leadership, client expectations and matrix manage cross-site stakeholders and deliverables, while working with Program Management essential Ability to travel as required.
- Outstanding organizational, planning, process development, communication, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to self-manage and motivate
- Astute attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent written and oral communication, interpersonal, and negotiation skills
- PMP certification preferred
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.