Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- The essential functions of the position include but are not limited to:
- Demonstrates dependability, safety consciousness, productivity, and quality at or above standards along with willingness to maintain flexibility and perform multiple warehouse functions as needed.
- Assist other team members, as needed, to ensure customer satisfaction, and to meet customer needs.
- Processes orders according to priority set by Supervisor/Lead Transportation Coordinator in order to meet customer requirements.
- Picks, packages, and labels shipments according to the Distribution SOP and Work Instructions.
- Completes paper documentation requirements as outlined by Distribution SOP and Work Instructions.
- Stack all items picked on a pallet, pack to pallet all items to pallet, corner, shrink-wrap, weigh, and stage for shipping.
- Turn completed pick ticket and all documentation into Lead Transportation Coordinator to be shipped.
- Must learn to operate turret truck, order picker, and fork truck.
- Perform daily pre-trip inspection safety checks on powered industrial equipment prior to use.
- Report equipment problems to Supervisor.
- Practices good housekeeping and keeps work area organized, neat, clean, and orderly.
- All other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Decision Making Authority
- Recommends solutions to Supervisor on safety concerns, shipping issues, and equipment outages.
Specific Scope Data
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- High School education or equivalent is preferred.
- Prior Experience in shipping environment is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
- Must be willing to work weekday and weekend overtime as required.
- Must be able to communicate information with others.
- Must have good mathematical, basic problem solving, and organizational skills.
- Must be able to write clearly and concisely.
- Must have basic understanding of shipping schedules.
- Follow written standard operating procedures (SOP's).
- Must have basic operating knowledge of fork trucks, order pickers, and turret trucks.
- Ability to work independently with occasional assistance.
- Ability to take ownership for general shipping processes.
- Distinguish between required and preferred or desired.
- Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement.
(1) Physical Activities: Balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, repetitive motions.
(2) Level of Physical Requirements: Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
(3) Level of Visual Acuity: Mobile Equipment Operators: This is a minimum standard for use with those who operate trucks, forklifts, cranes, and high lift equipment.
(4) Environmental Conditions: The worker is subject to extreme heat: Temperatures above 100 degrees for period of more than one hour - may occur during summer months on occasion.