As a part of India Engineering Team Senior Electronics Engineer will be responsible for providing the electronics engineering expertise needed to support the NPD, Sustaining engineering, and existing product development projects in laboratory product division. The ideal candidate will have diverse skill set including Analog design and digital design.
- Support product regulatory compliance testing.
- Document and interpret specifications of electronic components.
- Work with cross function team to understand customer requirement, participate in system / subsystem design review, finalize electronics design requirement by reviewing with systems & global engineering teams;
- Design schematic of digital, mix signal and power electronics circuit board that satisfied the design requirement;
- Must be able to work on multiple simultaneous projects, tasks and programs to suit business needs
- Provide design options and tradeoff analysis to meet the product requirements
- Create the design documents for design review (HLD, DFMEA, requirements traceability matrix etc.), and verification plan mapping to the key performance and reliability requirement;
- Verify the design performance to meet the requirement, complies with the Manufacturability and Serviceability, and achieve the cost/reliability target;
- Collaborate closely with the mechanical engineering team members to create product enclosures with compelling design and form-factors that also meet regulatory, safety, environmental, reliability, thermal and interface standard (Ethernet, USB, etc.) compliance requirements;
- Collaborate closely with the firmware engineering team members to create optimal hardware/firmware partitions that meet functional requirements and cost goal;
- To work with the sourcing team and the supplier to coordinate the manufacturing and provide detailed requirement for FCT of PCBA to make sure the PCBA from production line can meet design requirement;
- Cooperate with cross function to conduct the design transfer ensuring the product developed could be transferred to production smoothly;
- Review work of junior EEs to ensure quality of execution and compliance with development processes
- Masters or Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Electronics engineering, or related field or equivalent.
- 8 to 10 years of industry experience
- Experience in embedded system design with 8/16/32-bit microprocessor design
- Excellent understanding of analog, digital and power supply design fundamentals;
- Experience gate / technical review process, good at documentation for technical solution
- Capable of analyzing the root cause when there is a failure related to electrical component and can provide the mitigation and long-term solution;
- Familiar with knowledge of signal integrity, EMC/EMI, CCC, UL, RoHS ;
- Proficient in debugging instruments (digital oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, spectrum analyzers);
- Experience in practices for Design For Test (DFT), DFR and Design For Manufacturing(DFM) background;
- The candidate must be flexible, pro-active and willing to learn and contribute to meeting team objectives;
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification highly desired
Preferred Qualifications :
BE/BS/ ME/MTech - Electronics Engineering