Job ID :
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sell clinical supply chain services including drug packaging, distribution, and comparator sourcing.
- Meet or exceed the sales goal for the assigned accounts and/or territory
- Develop, attain approval, and implement specific Account Development Plans (ADP) including strategies, tactics and initiatives designed to support the attainment of predetermined goals. The job holder needs to be able to gain knowledge of the outsourcing strategy of the assigned clients and develop short / medium and long term strategies that result in maximising the opportunities to provide the clients with clinical trials supplies services. This includes the prioritization of accounts, identification of decision-makers, utilization of sales tools, while leveraging events (trade shows and conferences), etc.
- Provide clinical supplies sales and informational support for Fisher Clinical Services Project Managers
- Manage client expectations by involving other Fisher Clinical Services personnel, such as Client Services, Operations, Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and Executive Leadership Team (ELT) Members, in order to build a horizontally integrated relationship that capitalizes on the technical talent and knowledge base within Fisher Clinical Services
- Negotiate with customers while providing proposals, quotations, and service agreements that are properly reviewed and authorized by the Director of Sales, Contracts, Operations, and ELT, where required
- Document activity and report progress on an ongoing basis with CRM systems that are provided. Review performance against plan with the Director/Manager of Sales and, where shortfalls exist, the incumbent will recommend alternative strategies and tactics
- Working with the operations team and the client to ensure that forecast for new and ongoing work is planned and managed efficiently to meet client expectations and deadlines.
- Provide suggestions for solutions, to help design Supply Chain solutions that meet clients’ requirements and promote new services or areas of technology for Fisher Clinical Services that will enhance the current “Go-To-Market” strategy
- Responsible for leading the process of winning new business. This may include leadership at the bid defence meeting, pricing negotiation, contracts management etc. The role will be accountable for meeting new business targets.
- Apply Good Manufacturing Principles (GMP) in all areas of responsibility
- Participate in training and development opportunities, such as Richardson Consultative Selling and Strategic Selling; Communispond’s Executive Presentation Skills; Miller-Heiman; Thermo Fisher Scientific Practical Process Improvement, etc., in order to maintain competency and to stay abreast of the latest business development tools
- Observe Fisher Clinical Services company policy and Fisher Clinical Services SOP’s and makes recommendations for improving the effectiveness of policies and procedures, where appropriate
- Cultivate and prospect new relationships within the account and new clients to strengthen our connections. Identify the roles of each contact and target communications specifically to their needs. Identify the key decision makers. Other sales related duties as assigned that may be required in order to perform the role
Education/ Experience Requirements:
- BSc/BA or equivalent in business or the sciences
- 4 years of related clinical project experience plus 4 years of related sales experience. Preferably, this experience includes clinical protocol development and/or CRO sales.
- Any combination of an advanced degree such as a PhD. or MBA included with the related clinical supplies or sales experience may qualify for the minimum requirements for this position.
- Clinical trials and/or materials management knowledge
- Teamwork especially in a matrix management organisation. Ability to influence across functions across ThermoFisher sites and across companies to achieve objectives.
- Demonstrated competency with software tools used for internal and external communications such as the Microsoft Office Suite, including MS PowerPoint, SalesForce.com, or other CRM software.
- Sales, communication and presentation skills. Must be able understand client’s requirements and to be able to devise and articulate the most appropriate solutions Demonstrated problem solving with keen analytical skills. Capable of identifying and escalating issues.
- Negotiation and problem solving skills
- Self-motivated and goal focused to achieve results. Is capable of working with autonomy and assessing when to involve management/support. Works well under pressure and can handle stressful or conflict situations well
- A valid driver’s license
- Up to 50% overnight travel may be required.