Job ID :
US - California - Pleasanton
- Manufacture Oligonucleotides/Custom Primers for use in the biotech industry by following established protocols and SOP’s. Operate semi-automated and automated basic lab equipment. Regularly evaluate non-routine test results and either fail the product or allow it to continue through the production cycle.
- Responsible for the coordination of all aspects of the Oligo/Assay manufacturing floor. Balance multiple tasks. Demonstrate knowledge in the use of basic lab techniques and basic computer knowledge. Demonstrate the ability to meet standards as defined by the manufacturing process.
- Responsible for inspecting products to verify conformance to final product specifications.
- Adjust priorities to meet production deliverables.
- Recommend measures to improve production process methods and equipment performance while keeping quality of product in mind.
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency in the manufacturing group.
- Inspect materials for manufacturing operations.
- Provide technical direction to manufacturing technicians/personnel.
- Set an example for effective communication within and outside the department.
- Analyze and resolve work problems and support team in solving work problems.
- Initiate, suggest and implement strategies to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
- Trains and develops training program for the group
- Initiate changes, write, edit and develop new and existing protocols.
- Ensure all documentation is completely filled out and accurate.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Will work with senior operations management to establish priorities and plans for projects and ongoing issues.
- Will work with area supervisors, managers and other operations resources to address employee and process issues.
- May interact with regulatory agencies during internal and external audits.
Minimum Education/Experience Requirements:
- Requires a BS/BA degree in a technical or business field.
- Three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of cGMP and safety (OSHA) regulations desirable.
Preferred Skills and Attributes:
- Demonstrates strong leadership and supervisory skills
- Working knowledge of all Microsoft tool is required
- Knowledge of SAP is a plus.
- Consistent, dependable and accurate in carrying out responsibilities
- Displays positive attitude toward job and others
- Follows and provides direction accurately and efficiently
- Excellent documentation and communication skills
- Maintains personal composure in high stress situations
- Maintains confidentiality
- Second Shift opening
- Works in a production environment
- May be required to stand for long periods of time while performing duties.
- May be required to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work safely with chemicals and hazardous materials.
- Must be able to work flexible hours to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Must be willing to work weekends and attend business meetings as necessary during standard business hours.