The Material Handler works in a fast-paced environment in an active distribution warehouse with the goal of accurately Receiving and Putting Away inventoried products in an organized, efficient manner. This includes: Verifying, Counting, Receiving, Put-away and Transacting to new inventory locations, according to stated procedures and as instructed. This role reports to the designated Distribution Supervisor or Manager.
- Verifying, Counting, Receiving, Put-away and Transacting to new inventory locations, according to stated procedures and as instructed.
- Preparing and filing routine documentation.
- Maintaining quality Metrics.
- Operating material handling equipment (e.g. hand truck, pallet jack, Forklift etc).
- Working in and out of a +4c walk-in Cold Room and -20c walk-in Freezer.
- May perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
- Complying with all company safety regulations and procedures and report non-compliance.
- Serving as an effective safety steward by ensuring accurate reporting of near misses and attending safety trainings.
- Operating a safe work environment through continuous safety awareness and full compliance to all EHS programs and activities.
*Minimum Qualifications* (must have)
- Must be able to communicate effectively, verbally and written (receive, execute and respond to instructions) in English.
- Microsoft Outlook, for e-mail communication
- Consistently demonstrates positive and productive results
- Interacts equally well with all employees utilizing strong interpersonal skills
- Follows written and verbal instructions accurately and efficiently
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Personable, and perpetuates a can-do positive attitude
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- GED or High School diploma required.
- Requires a minimum of 6 months of relevant experience.
- Experience with Inventory Control and/or with a life science company is a plus.
- Experience with Hand held scanners.
- Experience with a Warehouse Management System (WMS) and /or E1 (Oracle) software.
- Experience in a Warehouse environment.
- Experience in an Inventory Control role.