Accounts Payable Assistant - Perm Contract (German or Dutch Preferred)
Excellent opportunity has arisen within Thermo Fisher's European Shared Service Centre for an ambitious individual to join a fast paced team within Account Payable.
You will join the team as an AP assistant ensuring that all transactions are appropriately authorised/approved, posted and paid in a timely and efficient way.
This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience within an exciting and growing industry sector and work for a leading global Life Science organisation.
Why Thermo Fisher?
- Incentive targets – At Thermo Fisher we offer you the opportunity to achieve a personal incentive based on team KPI’s which could be worth up to £1,600 per year in addition to your basic salary.
- Planning of social events – At the monthly forum you will also have the chance to become involved with the planning of social events.
- Reconciling ERP uploads
- Dealing with queries in an efficient and timely manner
- Working as part of a large team who has responsibility for accurate and timely input of information (this is essential to the company’s payment processes – vendor invoices, and to the monthly reporting of results to the Corporation.)
- Timely checking and accurate processing of invoices and payments
- Interface with various internal departments and external suppliers to resolve any queries.
- Adhoc Project Work
- May perform other related/ad hoc tasks/projects as required and/or assigned.
- Experience in high volume, multi entity, multi currency processing function
- Self motivated and team focused
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to take ownership of tasks
- Demonstrate Risk and Control awareness
- Understanding and appreciation of audit, SOX requirements & VAT rules
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven track record liaising with personnel on all levels of seniority both internally and externally
- Educated to standard grade or equivalent
- Good understanding of EMEA VAT requirements
Educated to standard grade equivalent
Commercial experience in an accounting department, ideally with experience in high volume processing functions, within a multinational environment
Knowledge of accounts payable preferred
Has contact with all level of company employees, outside agencies and consultants
Works in an open office environment with air conditioning. May, on a continuous basis, sit at desk for long periods of time. Regular viewing of computer monitor normal with telephone interruptions. There may be a requirement to work overtime on occasions.
Travel may be required