- identify and evaluate potential new business opportunities to channel the Company’s products and intellectual property (mainly GSD/CSD related) through value-added OEM partners and access new markets and applications not available through Company’s direct channel.
- Initiate and develop productive client relationships in multiple functions (e.g R&D, in-licensing, production, procurement, marketing, quality, regulatory affairs) with client companies and at multiple levels within them (scientist, project manager, manager and executive levels), as may be necessary.
- Participate on cross-functional teams to execute on client opportunities, working in partnership with divisional business development specialists as well as legal, finance, manufacturing, marketing, R&D, account managers etc,
- Participate in the development of pricing proposals and financial models for large, complex, often multi-year deals and contracts in collaboration to evaluate the viability of the opportunity from both the internal and client’s perspective. Make highly informed judgments of value to the customer upon which to develop pricing proposals for highly customized products, for which easy benchmarks are often unavailable.
- Participate in the development of deal structures that meet client’s needs and also the growth expectation of Company and consistent with Company’s commercial strategy.
- Negotiate other terms and conditions.
- Understand and act in accordance to applicable licenses and intellectual property, as well as monitor and manage contracts and relationships with clients.
- Coordinates technical support to determine client needs, respond to inquiries, and resolve problems in a timely fashion. Investigates product issues and ensures satisfactory resolution of customer complaints.
Nature and Scope:
Ability to effectively negotiate with and influence potential clients, partners, and internal staff required. The ability to effectively shift priorities and work at a rapid pace required. Proven relationship building skills required.
Excellent communication skills, including writing, articulating, listening, and questioning skills required. Ability to effectively interface with all levels inside and outside the company, including senior management required.
Measures of Contribution/Impact
Revenue growth. New deal generation. Customer feedback from multiple levels and functions. Actuals vs AOP.
Knowledge of IVD regulations and manufacturing quality standards. Advanced knowledge of molecular biology and, specifically, of Company products.
Requires a bachelor’s degree in any life science, or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Advanced degree and/or MBA preferred.
Fluent in English/Chinese.
Requires a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience, including lead development, negotiation of supply agreements, sales funnel management, product development/commercialization and competitive market research. Demonstrated ability to lead teams without being the manager both internally and externally. Demonstrated proficiency with computer applications, including word processing, spreadsheet, and slide presentations required.