When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Reporting to the Material Handler Supervisor, the Material Handler performs manual and clerical
duties related to shipping, receiving, inspecting, storing, issuing and delivering a variety of materials,
equipment and supplies.
- Performs the physical tasks related to movement of inventory whether it be shipping, receiving,movement within the factory or warehouse, etc.
- Data entry relating to the movement of material.
- Inventory verification for quality and count accuracy including cycle counting and reconciliation.
- Responsible for proper counts and adjustments of inventory.
- Examines inventory, rejects material that is damaged, misrouted or otherwise unacceptable.
- Ensures that products that are hazardous are well marked, stored and controlled according to MSDS sheets, that products with Limited Shelf Life are properly marked and stored according to product information.
- Examines, stocks and distributes inventory and non-inventory material including stocking parts and distributing to the factory lines and distribution of finished goods to customers.
- Performs Material Movements in system, reorders material controlled under external kanban system as well as packaging supplies.
- May be required to be certified to handle, package and ship hazardous materials, certified to drive forklift, and operate a truck in compliance with DOT regulations.
Minimum Requirements or Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Requires a minimum of 2 to 3 years of related experience preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- May require experience in driving a delivery truck.
- Must be able to work independently and drive tasks to completion.
- Must posses excellent verbal, written, and organizational skills. Must be able to operate a computer and be proficient using MS Office products (Word, Excel, Internet Explorer, etc.).
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.